brall3

RACISM IN THE PHILLIPINES?

2 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Everyone has their own sexual preferences,I don't consider that racist or prejudice 

If I'm in a gay sauna I walk past Arabic guys ,they seem to go for the hairy Daddy but they are not my fetish ,maybe some "far lefty woke" would consider that racist 😮

I agree with your comments.  However, luckily, I seem to fancy an attractive guy, whatever his racial background!White to black and anything in between.  However, I'm not into beards, I trust that's not racist!

4 hours ago, reader said:

Foolish perhaps, dumb even, but certainly not racist. 😄

Foolish?

So I should accept his dick if I don't want it? 

On 7/4/2024 at 7:31 PM, Latbear4blk said:

It has been so successful about Native Americans that they seem invisible.

Very true. I have spent most of my life in parts of Canada that still have communities of Indigenous people, but they are largely invisible in large urban areas. The history of Indigenous people in Canada has been betrayal after betrayal after betrayal by politicians and bureaucrats, from the arrival of the Europeans to present day. 

On 7/5/2024 at 3:49 AM, brall3 said:

My best friend is Black-American.  He is 10 years younger than I, tall, thin, and a nice-looking guy.  For years we have traveled together, and our trips to Asia were not so pleasant.  There was a VAST difference in the way the Asian  people interacted - treated - with him and me.  With me, the people were very nice, polite, and accommodating, but not so much with him.  Racism against Blacks was very prevalent in Korea, Japan, and Thailand.  So much so that he refuses to visit those countries again.  I am trying to convince him to go to the Phillipines with me.  Has anyone on this site noticed how the people of the Phillipines are towards African-Americans?  

He sounds like he has a psychological complex and too sensitive 

Probably Philippines won't suit him

• Members
7 hours ago, xpaulo said:

Very true. I have spent most of my life in parts of Canada that still have communities of Indigenous people, but they are largely invisible in large urban areas. The history of Indigenous people in Canada has been betrayal after betrayal after betrayal by politicians and bureaucrats, from the arrival of the Europeans to present day. 

Now that I revisited my post I felt I was unfair. The essence is correct, Racism targets many different ethnicities all over the world. But I was unfair when I generalized about the invisibilization of Native Americans. 

The statement is correct in cultures like the US, Canada, Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay, and perhaps a few more. These nations start their national history with the arrival of the europeans and see native cultures as alien.

But it was clearly unfair if we consider Mexico, Guatemala, Perú, Bolivia, and perhaps a few more. They integrated pre-columbian civilizations to their national identities and cultures. 

On 7/5/2024 at 12:49 AM, brall3 said:

I am trying to convince him to go to the Phillipines with me.  Has anyone on this site noticed how the people of the Phillipines are towards African-Americans?  

@brall3 Tell your friend to watch this Youtube video, produced by Cam, a black gay blogger in the Philippines about what it is like to be black and gay in the Philippines.

Cam's email is below in case your friend would have any further questions or concerns.

cameron@thegayexpat.com

On 7/7/2024 at 9:34 AM, Olddaddy said:

Probably,I tend to avoid American people,too loud talkers , and too many "it's like " sentences 

I usually get up and leave if one sits next near me in a bar  including their fat arse Karen women , usually you can hear them a mile away though 

A lot of them have no idea of anything outside America 

IMO, the above is a textbook example of prejudice and ignorance.

7 hours ago, 12is12 said:

That's a GREAT vid, but he doesnt talk at all about racism and or being black there.

You have to take the initiative to watch Cam's other videos and to read his blog to get the full picture.

In one of Cam's many videos or blog, he states that many Filippinos were soliciting him in a positive way because they wanted to be allowed to be with him to see if what they heard about black guys being gifted was true.

My impression was that Cam did not feel excluded by the locals - hence the original concern of @brall3 friend.

6 hours ago, Mavica said:

IMO, the above is a textbook example of prejudice and ignorance

I disagree.

It would b prejudicial only if Olddaddy would walk away before he heard their loudness, just bcs of their nationality. Most americans r too loud; NOT knowing that would b "ignorance".

I too prefer to distance myself in the public sphere from people whose behavior I find obnoxious. Having travelled extensively, I too perceive certain nationalities as more prone to such behavior. Also rude loud youngsters. M I guilty of reverse ageism?