abidismaili

I did something no sex tourist has done before (maybe)

I am for my once a year trip in Thailand (I used to go three times a year, but other Asian countries are also nice to visit)

Has everyone else ever walked from the gay area in Jomtien to Boyztown? I did it and it takes about an hour at slow pace (fast pace is not doable in the heat). I am often bored during morning and early afternoon so I thought let’s kill the time and do this walk. And during the walk I was wondering if I was maybe the first person ever in the history of Pattaya sex tourism who has walked from Jomtien to Boyztown. Any forum member has ever done this walk also?

I love walking....but on Thai pavements? no thanks. 

However, my 0630 walk on Jomtien beach in the morning cool, when the monks are doing their  rounds and the workers are getting their businesses  ready, is one of the many joys of my times there. 

Yes I have walked from near Boyztown to my condo in Jomtien. I did it after a haircut in Soi Hollywood and went past Sansuk sauna so was able to keep off the main roads. 

Also love walking along the whole length of Dongtan Beach and do it late at night (if I’m not in the bars). Safe and smooth pavements after the rebuild a few years ago. Very pleasant after temps have dropped especially if there is a wind off the sea. No crowds of tourists late on👍

Most days, when in Pattaya, I walk from Jomtien to TukCom and back but usually after dark as I need to hide from the sun. It's purely for exercise and, sometimes, I extend it as far as the Hilton. In the semi-rural area of Chiang Mai where I live there are no pavements, making it dangerous to walk at night and with no shelter from the sun during the daylight hours. 

Yes! I did this a few years ago, walked from boyztown to jomtien and then later back again. I remember it being quite hot and sweating out of every orifice imaginable. Haven't done it again since, but haven't really thought about it. Maybe next time!

15 hours ago, abidismaili said:

Has everyone else ever walked from the gay area in Jomtien to Boyztown?  Any forum member has ever done this walk also?

I did in reverse direction and it included walking up to both peaks of Pratamnak hill with admiral and Big Buddha. I think it took 3-4 hrs

I've thought about it but didn't do it. Hated the idea of walking in the sun and alongside horrible traffic.  That was also when there were messy roadworks and motosai often drove onto the kerb -- and there were long stretches with no pedestrian kerbs.

Like @Londoner , I have done a long Jomtien beach walk though, from Jomtien Complex all the way south till it joined Sukhumvit Road. From Google Maps, it's about 5 km. It was nice in late afternoon. I'd do it again.

3 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

I know a couple or regularly walk from Jomtien (view talay 2) all the way to Terminal 21. They stop for lunch, have a massage, then make their way back on food, stopping for beers as they walk down Soi Baukhow. Must be a good 12km.

I can picture you doing it.....

On 7/1/2024 at 9:58 PM, abidismaili said:

I am for my once a year trip in Thailand (I used to go three times a year, but other Asian countries are also nice to visit)

Has everyone else ever walked from the gay area in Jomtien to Boyztown? I did it and it takes about an hour at slow pace (fast pace is not doable in the heat). I am often bored during morning and early afternoon so I thought let’s kill the time and do this walk. And during the walk I was wondering if I was maybe the first person ever in the history of Pattaya sex tourism who has walked from Jomtien to Boyztown. Any forum member has ever done this walk also?

Yes I did it on my last trip in May 

The worst part is that Thappayra Rd traffic 🚦 lights where the bread shop is 

So I walked up the hill on the other side with the Thai food stalks are 

Unfortunately there's a couple of Soi dogs up on that hill...I cross the road before then back in front of that sugar reef resort and walk on that side 

Great workout ,take Gatorade with you ,wear a hat 

14 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

Unfortunately there's a couple of Soi dogs up on that hill

good point Olddaddy - after an argument with my ex boyfriend at around 2am in the morning, I had to walk home from up the hill towards the Supertown complex and I passed that soi dog area - there was only 1 growling and snarling at me and I shooed him away.  But he went into the forest and brought 5 of his friends with him - 3 in front of me and 3 behind me and all growling and snarling ready to attack me.  

So, what did I do?

I ran out into the Thappraya road traffic and the dogs did not follow me as the soi dogs fear Thappraya road - the cars swerved around me but I was not attacked and bitten.  So, as you suggested - always walk on the non beach side of Thappraya road - as there are NO crazy soi dogs on that side of Thappraya road....

I know about that dogs because I also take the beach side avoiding the traffic lights on the other side (on the way from Jomtien Complex towards Sansuk for example). I never experienced an issue with those dogs. But it's good to know that it can be different. BTW, on that way you pass by Marcos, my favorite Italian Restaurant in that area... (on the non-beach side of the road)

3 hours ago, ChristianPFC said:

I probably did about 10 years ago, no clear recollection, but I walked various areas in Pattaya long ago.

Nowadays I'm in Pattaya mostly for business (boy business) and spend spare time reading in my room.

Sounds exciting 😄 

I’ve walked it about ten years ago. The dogs are annoying. If I did it now I’d be carrying my pool cue which would keep them at bay.

More interesting is when I walked the entire Las Vegas strip, which is five miles. My foot was killing me by the end of it. Turns out the new Nikes I had bought and worn for the first time, one was the wrong size. A Nike store replaced them for me there.

So if we see a hot sweaty sexy man carrying a pool cue , (hopefully not a baseball bat) walking up the hill in Jomtien past the courthouse.....it's you ! 

On 7/7/2024 at 11:19 PM, floridarob said:

The place that @gayinpattaya says that no one calls it that 😛

Next time you are in Pattaya, ask a taxi to take you to Supertown Complex, or whatever the guy said in the other post. 
They will look at your like you're a moron. 
I just don't want first time visitors here to get messed up because some idiot online miss-informed them.

For any visitor jumping on a motorbike taxi ect, you only need to say 
jomtien-com-plek (no X in thai) 

Every year I see a good looking farang guy who lives there ,he may be German , I have no idea,always in the JC  .

He is probably 50 ish with a 1970" style long blondish hair .

Anyway I thought I would just mention that but I do look forward to see him if that's you 

12 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

Every year I see a good looking farang guy who lives there ,he may be German , I have no idea,always in the JC  .

He is probably 50 ish with a 1970" style long blondish hair .

Anyway I thought I would just mention that but I do look forward to see him if that's you 

Nope. He isn't me. 
I'm in my 30s, brown hair.