reader

LOVE PRIDE PARADE 2024 in Bangkok Today

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin will inaugurate the “LOVE PRIDE PARADE 2024” and join the longest grand parade in Asia at 6 kilometers, to conclude Pride Month.

The parade will march from the National Stadium along Rama 1 Road, passing Pathumwan, Siam, Ratchaprasong, Phloen Chit, Asoke, and Sukhumvit, ending at Benchasiri Park in  Bangkok from 4 PM to 6:30 PM. Over 1,000,000 spectators are expected along the route.

Chai stated that the Thai government, alongside more than 100 leading private sector organizations, is organizing the LOVE PRIDE PARADE 2024 to celebrate the conclusion of Pride Month, the month of pride for the LGBTQIAN+ community.

image.jpeg

47 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

I rather save energy and money for a longer holiday!

Imagine if @vinapu or others lived as close.....they'd be there for only some hours....or a show....or a massage 

My shortest trip to BKK during  my return to US on Sept 11, 2001, for a weekend, from Dallas......I have a 9/11 stamp in my passport from Thailand  but was 9/10 in usa at the time....

I've always envied those living in Europe,where you can just pop over the border to another country for lunch and be back home for dinner.

I live in Perth. Bali is closer than any other major Australian city. Friends and I used to fly up to Bali for the day. We'd arrive in time for lunch, laze around at the beach, have dinner at one of our many favourite restaurants and then fly home. We'd also often fly up to spend Friday and Saturday nights drinking and dancing at the now defunct Sari Club.

Unfortunately, Thailand is just a bit too far to do that.

18 hours ago, floridarob said:

Imagine if @vinapu or others lived as close.....they'd be there for only some hours....or a show....or a massage 

you got it right, if I were closer I'd be keen on coming just for weekend or long weekend from time to time

My shortest trip were 1 week trips in Oct 2018 and Oct 2019 

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

My shortest trip were 1 week trips in Oct 2018 and Oct 2019 

Mine was for a weekend in 2001....left BKK on Sept 11th, have a sept 11th stamp in my old passport even though it was Sept 10th in NYC....turned into a longer trip than I thought after we were forced to land in Vancouver.

I had asked my boss if I could go out of town for the weekend, he said sure. When I told him what happened, he said I didn't think out of town meant on the other side of the world, FOR A WEEKEND. He asked me, who does that? I said better to have gone to Thailand for a weekend than not at all 😉

I agree with your boss that going for weekend to other side of world is a bit extravagant but I don't think it's idiotic at all as long as we can survive it physically and finance it.

My inspiration for 1st 1 week long trip came form my cousin living in Europe who got reward - paid for 4 days trip to Bali. Upon return he told me he can do it every week so I said to myself why not me?. Flight for my 2nd weeklong jump was paid by somebody else so it was easy decision. I even got trat from airline - upon return flight was less than half full so I had 4 seats at disposal -first class for the poor 

This was back in the time of easy business upgrades and frequent flyer points were issued by the number of miles flown. So a roundtrip to BKK with all the bonuses usually accrued enough miles to get a free trip to Brasil, in business class.

On 7/1/2024 at 8:25 PM, a-447 said:

I've always envied those living in Europe,where you can just pop over the border to another country for lunch and be back home for dinner.

I live in Perth. Bali is closer than any other major Australian city. Friends and I used to fly up to Bali for the day. We'd arrive in time for lunch, laze around at the beach, have dinner at one of our many favourite restaurants and then fly home. We'd also often fly up to spend Friday and Saturday nights drinking and dancing at the now defunct Sari Club.

Unfortunately, Thailand is just a bit too far to do that.

And as you worked for the Australian Government it was all on taxpayers money 🤣

On 7/8/2024 at 9:32 PM, a-447 said:

Oh, what a horrible sight that would be!

It's why I think the guys who "take care" of us deserve every baht.

Very true 🤣