ggobkk

Time to return

I'm keeping a close eye on the weather in Bangkok. 

Is it bearable at the moment? It seems too hot and rainy. Is it raining constantly or just periodically during the day? I can live with that.

I'll be on the plane as soon as it improves.

Unfortunately, Japan is enduring the same weather conditions.  :(

5 hours ago, a-447 said:

I'm keeping a close eye on the weather in Bangkok. 

Is it bearable at the moment? It seems too hot and rainy. Is it raining constantly or just periodically during the day? I can live with that.

I'll be on the plane as soon as it improves.

Unfortunately, Japan is enduring the same weather conditions.  :(

Not sure about Bangkok, but Pattaya weather has been somewhat cooler past week or so . Rain has been not continuously at all, mostly lasting an hour or so but not enough to deter going out and about.

I've got a "friend " in Bangkok is like to catch up with, so I'm not thinking about Pattaya.  But looking at the weather app on my phone, the daily temperatures for next week are around 35-36 degrees. 

On 6/29/2024 at 11:14 AM, a-447 said:

I’ve been here for about six weeks and have had much less rain than anticipated. Mid-day heat can be quite hot but not oppressive because cloudiness has been common later in day. 

Have had occasional downpours as was the case tonight between 7 and 9.

if that’s all that’s keeping you away, don’t read weather forecasts. Boys are here and would be glad to see you.

18 hours ago, reader said:

I’ve been here for about six weeks and have had much less rain than anticipated. Mid-day heat can be quite hot but not oppressive because cloudiness has been common later in day. 

Have had occasional downpours as was the case tonight between 7 and 9.

if that’s all that’s keeping you away, don’t read weather forecasts. Boys are here and would be glad to see you.

How about humidity?

welcome home after long absence !

You started in style. As for sun rising, for me it's always , regardless  of time of the day when I emerge from immigration , luggage in hand and head to train station or taxi stand. 

Have fun, Tawan new name is The One

13 hours ago, a-447 said:

Any weather updates?

I mean, is it bearable during the day? 

I'm dying to get to Bangkok!

While I am not in Bangkok currently, I've been to Bangkok and Thailand in July more than a few times.  The scorching heat of April and May would be past, but the humidity of the monsoon season would be ever-present. When it's also warm between rains (e.g. over 30 degrees), the humidity can be quite oppressive, but other times the temperature is quite nice and one doesn't notice the humidity so much.  On days with warm humidity but no cooling rain, I'd plan for daytime hours in airconditioned comfort. Either I am in my hotel room catching up on work remotely or I'm in some shopping mall wandering around or reading a book in a coffee shop. From about 4pm onwards, it should be pleasant enough to make one's way to a massage place.

Temperature-wise, I don't think you will find Bangkok much different from Tokyo, but in Bangkok, it would be a good idea to be dressed for wet roads and splashing from passing vehicles. I always have an umbrella with me and for footwear, I prefer crocs (though sandals would be just as good). As you can see from these screenshots of BBC Weather for the same day (this coming Tuesday) the temperatures in Tokyo and Bangkok are similar, but Bangkok is wetter. I've also added Atlanta for comparison. Of the 3 places, it is Atlanta that has the highest peak temperature.

image.thumb.png.c9d613fd31ea7678104f3ccbd682d4ac.png

image.thumb.png.b120b3f283d229c9d46f7821529889e5.png

image.thumb.png.011bf5bb596988d644adf8b82ada3331.png

---

Right after Covid, I made a beeline for Thailand as soon as travel restrictions were lifted. That was in July 2022. In that trip, I spent 5 days in Pattaya, and there's a report about it here:  https://shamelessmacktwo.travel.blog/2022/08/30/rainbow-flags-and-rain/    It rained every day, but I remember the days to be pleasant, especially when the seabreeze came in too. I had a lovely visit.

On 7/2/2024 at 3:41 AM, floridarob said:

I get what milk you're talking about, but trying to figure out the cookies part 🧐

Just noticed this while catching up on forum this morning.

Hint: the cookies usually are found in pairs. 🙂