Xclay

Campo Grande

• Members

I will give a quick recap of my experience since I don't see any discussion of Campo Grande on this forum since Tomcal posted this below is 2018:

On 2/28/2018 at 6:00 PM, Tomcal said:

.... It's possible to visit the Pantanal year-round, but it's best to go during the dry season (May to September). The best time to watch birds is from July to September, when the waters have receded and the bright-green grasses pop up from the muck.    

Cuiaba, the capital of Mato Grosso State, is the most popular gateway to North Pantanal. Cuiaba is 1200 miles/2000Kms from Rio de Janeiro and 1000 miles/1600 Kms from Sao Paulo (land distances).

Campo Grande is the other main air hub to Pantanal. Barao do Melgaco and Porto Jofre, in the North, and Corumba, Porto Manga, Passo da Lontra, in the South, are also key regional references

• Members

Campo Grande is a surprisingly upscale city of nearly one million people. It has wide boulevards with handsomely landscaped medians, numerous large parks, and an extraordinary aquarium.

I am visiting Campo Grande for three days in between seeing the jaguars in north Pantanel (a few hours from Cuiabá where I did not overnight) and going south to Bonito to see the macaws, giant anteaters, grottos, and drift snorkeling in crystal-clear waters.

In Campo Grande, I found two saunas and went to both last night: Sauna Espaço Relax and Sauna Titan. Both have nice, clean two-story facilities. Titan is a little larger, but Relax has a pool.

Last night neither place had GPs. However, Relax had a handsome, full-service masseur (R$120+100tip). Relax had only two customers, but one was a thirty-something, fit sub btm eager to be used. Both the masseur and the sub were fun.

Sauna Titan had about 16-18 customers, about half were early 30s and half were 45+ and on the heavy side. No sign of the Afro-Brazilian gene pool could be seen. I was spent from Relax, but I did play with one beefy 30ish guy who needed his pecs worked over while he jacked.

Outside of Sao Paulo, Campo Grande has probably the largest proportion of descendants of the many Japanese immigrants who came to Brazil a century ago. A couple of them were at Titan.

Apparently, Bonito has no sauna with or without GPs, but if you have any tips, please share!

• Members

The Pantanal is fantastic, like a small-game safari. I can never spot animals in the jungle, but in the pantanal, they literally stroll down the side of the road. Didn't even think about looking for a sauna in Campo Grande or Cuiaba.

On 7/19/2024 at 8:19 PM, davet said:

The Pantanal is fantastic, like a small-game safari. I can never spot animals in the jungle, but in the pantanal, they literally stroll down the side of the road. Didn't even think about looking for a sauna in Campo Grande or Cuiaba.

Is it still underbtgreat from deforestation, industrial agriculture,  etc?

Just now, Keithambrose said:

* under threat...

• Members
6 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Probably. But every year, an area half the size of France gets flooded in this natural wetlands. Unless they figure out how to drain that (and I hope not!) I would think that any development would be constrained.

14 hours ago, davet said:

Probably. But every year, an area half the size of France gets flooded in this natural wetlands. Unless they figure out how to drain that (and I hope not!) I would think that any development would be constrained.

Thanks.  I saw a documentary which featured Amish immigrants,  who had developed a huge cattle farm, cutting down hundreds of acres of forest. They are rapidly expanding.  Didn't look good. The indigenous people were being forced out.

• Members
On 7/21/2024 at 9:22 PM, davet said:

Jaguar is a score! My rare sighting was a giant anteater (two, actually).

Sweet! They look like creatures from another planet.

Giant anteaters seem to be somewhat more common in the fields around Bonito and less common in the northern Pantanal. Along with waterfalls and caves, Bonito also has a crater (Buraco das Araras) with lots of spectacular red and green macaws (best seen at 8:00-8:30am).

Yes, giant anteaters are vulnerable to extinction in Brazil due to habitat loss and being run over on the road. At least some new protection efforts are now underway.

30 minutes ago, Xclay said:

Yes, giant anteaters are vulnerable to extinction in Brazil

I thought giant anteater you guys were talking about were giant uncut dicks, we used to refer to uncut dicks as anteaters or aardvarks growing up, this is Brazil after all 😉

anteater.jpg

• Members
On 7/23/2024 at 9:39 AM, floridarob said:

I thought giant anteater you guys were talking about were giant uncut dicks, we used to refer to uncut dicks as anteaters or aardvarks growing up, this is Brazil after all 😉

anteater.jpg

Design the emoji and spread it around.

• Members

How quickly an innocent chat about endangered animals turns to dicks!  (Thanks FloridaRob.)
🤣
OK, in that spirit, what about fellatio?
😛
A giant anteater's sticky tongue is 2 feet long and can flick in and out of its mouth 150 times per minute!

• Members
1 hour ago, Xclay said:

How quickly an innocent chat about endangered animals turns to dicks!
🤣
😛
A giant anteater's sticky tongue is 2 feet long and can flick in and out of its mouth 150 times per minute!

Particularly useful if you have carpenter ants on your woody, though I’m sure 2.5 flicks per second would get a run for its money.

7 hours ago, Xclay said:

Rimming is what came to mind, Brazilians seem to be really into that... I was unsure if rimming fell into felatio, had to google it 🙄

In medical terms, oral is referred to as “cunnilingus” when performed on a person with a vulva, and “fellatio” when performed on a person with a penis. If oral involves the anus, it’s called “anilingus” (or, as it’s sometimes spelled, “analingus”). 

• Members
1 hour ago, floridarob said:

Rimming is what came to mind, Brazilians seem to be really into that... I was unsure if rimming fell into felatio, had to google it 🙄

In medical terms, oral is referred to as “cunnilingus” when performed on a person with a vulva, and “fellatio” when performed on a person with a penis. If oral involves the anus, it’s called “anilingus” (or, as it’s sometimes spelled, “analingus”). 

Beso Negro.