EmmetK

Biden bloodbath

The Economist burns Joe Biden with brutal cover showing a walker

The magazine slammed the president’s debate performance, calling him “incapable.”

20240704-115610-acd-GRos0jBbMAMkGXT.jpeg

TRUMP 2024
MAGA

This election will likely be decided by what is happening at the US southern border.
Biden's open border policy has been a disaster:

Airwaves in swing states will be flooded with these ads over the next 4 months.
Dementia Joe's open border is the issue that will propel Donald J. Trump into the White House!  Well, the border AND Biden's dementia.

TRUMP 2024
MAGA

Another post-debate poll, this one by Emerson, came out today. It polled voters in 6 swing states. 

The latest poll from Emerson College, conducted with 1,000 registered voters between June 30 and July 2, shows that Trump is performing as well as or better in every swing state compared to the previous Emerson College poll conducted before the debate from June 13 to June 18. In both polls, Trump leads in all the swing states surveyed: ArizonaNevadaWisconsinMichiganPennsylvania, and Georgia.

RACE
POLL
RESULTS
SPREAD
Monday, July 8
Arizona: Trump vs. Biden Emerson
Trump+4

Georgia: Trump vs. Biden Emerson
Trump+5

Michigan: Trump vs. Biden Emerson
Trump+1

Nevada: Trump vs. Biden Emerson
Trump+6

Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden Emerson
Trump+5

Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden Emerson
Trump+3

https://www.realclearpolling.com/stories/analysis/post-debate-swing-state-polling-update

At this point, only a miracle will save Dementia Joe and Cacklehead.

TRUMP 2024
MAGA

image.jpeg.c9c53cfd2f528855fd270e759e62d8f4.jpeg

• Members
8 hours ago, EmmetK said:

Trump is performing as well as or better in every swing state compared to the previous Emerson College poll conducted before the debate from June 13 to June 18. In both polls, Trump leads in all the swing states surveyed: ArizonaNevadaWisconsinMichiganPennsylvania, and Georgia.

Those numbers are not particularly bad for Biden.  If anything, they lean a bit toward supporting Biden's argument:  grow a spine and just ride out the storm of a really bad debate.

Since last November there has been a pretty stable pattern in the RCP polling average.  Trump gets up to 47 % and change when he is doing best. Biden gets down to about 44 % when he is doing worst. That's about where they both are right now.  But sometimes (mid-April, early June) they are almost tied in the RCP national average. So while being down 3 % is not good news for Biden, it is no worse news than at any other point since November.  Biden's low point was in January, when he hit 43 % in the poll average.  That's lower than the 44 % he is at now.  So if this debate was supposed to be the fatal blow, it didn't work.  At least not yet.

All through 2016 people said Hillary was way ahead of Trump in the polls. That was mostly true.  But there were a few points when Trump actually led Hillary be a fraction of one point.  You didn't have to be an Einstein to figure out that if that happened on exactly the wrong day, Trump could be POTUS.  Surprisingly, given what happened in 2000, no one (other than Ron Brownstein perhaps) was focused on the idea that Hillary could actually win the popular vote by a few points and still lose.

So in 2024 Biden could win by simply being close to Trump on election day.  And while it was true in 2016 that Hillary's 2 point national win did not translate to wins in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, it's not at all clear that's the case in 2024.  In fact, Biden's been behind in those states pretty much the same or less as he's been behind nationally.  Right now RCP says Biden is behind 3.4 % nationally.  But he is behind 0.6 % in Michigan, 1 % in Wisconsin, and 3 % in Pennsylvania, in the RCP averages.  So the idea that Biden has to beat Trump by 2 % or more nationally just to barely win in the three Rust Belt swing states does not appear to be true.

More than anything, these polls seem to disprove the idea that Biden is just demented, and dead meat.  Pretty much everyone agrees that the debate was an utter disaster for Biden.  Pretty much everyone agrees that the very worst thing that could happen to Biden is he came off looking like a demented old fool.   The whole world is now focused on the very thing the campaign tried desperately to avoid focusing on:  Biden's age.  The post-debate polls in these swing states simply don't match the prognosis that Biden is demented, or politically dead.

• Members

I posted already in a different thread about a new poll that shows Kamala or Hillary slightly outperforming Biden in a race against Trump.  But here is some other relatively good news for Biden in the same poll.  

But the poll included a provocative question that asked likely voters whether they would support Biden if he were cognitively diminished because of his age and unlikely to complete another four years — if it meant preventing Trump from winning.  Forty-eight percent of voters said they would not vote for Biden for that reason, versus 44 percent who said they would, including 75 percent of Democrats. 

....some 53 percent in the poll said they view Trump becoming president as a grave danger to democracy in the U.S., while 37 percent said such a statement was partisan political rhetoric and unlikely to happen.

I take that to mean that about 48 % of America is a hard NO on Biden, and about 53 % of America is a hard NO on Trump.  That's actually consistent with past election results.  In 2016 and 2020 election results and in current RCP poll averages, Trump is stuck at a ceiling of 47 %.  Whereas Biden got just over 51 % pf the actual vote in a record turnout election. 

It's not clear that a whole lot has changed.  A majority of Americans still don't want Trump.  And Jan. 6th gave them a very firm reason to want him even less.  Meanwhile, a slight majority of Americans are still open to the idea of voting for Biden, even he is diminished and obviously will become more so.  

I think it is easier for Biden to prove he is undemented than for Trump to prove he is not undemocratic. 

You can't unsee Jan. 6th.  Or the idea that it's patriotic to go beat the living shit out of cops to stop a peaceful transfer of power.  Lest we forget his past antics, Trump's inference that he'd like to blow Liz Cheney's brains out for being a traitor before a televised military tribunal does jog the memory.  And, sorry to be morbid, but I have to ask.  Will he grab Liz by the pussy before he blows her brains out?  🤢

You can't unsee Biden's crappy debate performance, either.  But he is basically undementing  himself every day he talks coherently about a real campaign message.   You can't stop Father Time, as Axelrod is arguing, but you actually can slow him down.  Or at least create the appearance of slowing him down, which is what spin masters like Axelrod do for a living.  The longer this goes on, the more I feel like it's a net positive that Biden has been stripped of the protective layers of The White House and has to prove he can still fight for himself - and us.

Trump's argument is that since I am very greedy and want it all for myself, I am the right guy to be greedy for America.  Biden's equivalent argument is that I am still able to fight like hell for myself, so I am the right guy to fight like hell for you.  I think the latter message is better, if Biden can consistently make it.  A slight majority of America seems to agree.

42 minutes ago, Moses said:

Well, he had weak legs, not brains.

The same with Biden.  He stumbled, and delivered infra-structure, substantial climate change action, reduced the trade deficit with China, strongest jobs growth rate since the 60's. I could go on, and I'm not even a Biden supporter.  I do get your point though, is he going to be as effective as he has been in the past four years, over the next four years.  He couldn't be worse than the defeated former incompetent President. 

• Members
On 7/8/2024 at 3:24 PM, Bingo T Dog said:

Franklin D. Roosevelt got the job done in a wheelchair.

1 hour ago, Moses said:

Well, he had weak legs, not brains.

Not true.  If the historians have it correct, even during the 1944 campaign FDR could only work four hours a day due to severe hypertension.  He died a few months into his second term.

Why FDR Decided to Run for a Fourth Term Despite Ill Health

When he sought a fourth term at age 62, FDR's doctor had issued a dire prognosis.

It ... sparked enduring controversies over Roosevelt’s deception of the American people, as well as whether his illness impaired his judgment and performance at a crucial moment during the Yalta Conference.

Compared to FDR, Biden last week was a young colt, running around the country to rallies.  And Kamala Harris is much better prepared to take power than Truman was.  Plus, hopefully, Biden won't die in the middle of a World War.  See if you can talk Genocide Man into calling off his Ukrainian slaughter, okay?  It would help reduce that risk.

If there were a way to do it, one solution is to have Biden and Harris structure a de facto co-Presidency in his second term.  Since even if he lives until 2028 he will continue to grow weaker, for sure.  At the very least, this is going to force Biden to continue to raise Kamala's stature more.  

On 7/8/2024 at 6:24 PM, Bingo T Dog said:

Franklin D. Roosevelt got the job done in a wheelchair.

Franklin Roosevelt's brain wasn't fried like Dementia Joe's.
Stick with posting links from fake news msn.com. You embarrass yourself much less.

TRUMP 2024
MAGA

image.jpeg.c9c53cfd2f528855fd270e759e62d8f4.jpeg

I'm going to go back to the administrator versus the campaigner. Biden is a competent administrator, and less so a campaigner. The defeated former President, was incompetent and loves campaigning.

In my opinion in 2020 it was less about Biden winning than it was about Trump losing. Biden didn't so much defeat Trump as Trump defeated himself. The majority of Americans were tired of the chaos and the incompetence of the Trump years, his weaponizing the Justice Department, his self dealing, picking fights with everyone but dictators and authoritarians who he loved. Trump defeated himself.

It's four years later and Americans have forgotten, somewhat, about the chaos and incompetence of Trump.  Is Trump going to defeat himself this time?  I don't know.  However, this time, the Democrats need to be running someone who can campaign and defeat Trump (if Trump doesn't defeat himself again).  

Another day, another poll, the weekly Emerson poll of swing states came out today.
It has Trump continuing to increase his lead nationally and in swing states INCLUDING VIRGINIA.

• Arizona: Trump 46%, Biden 36%, other candidates 8.2% - TRUMP +!0
  • Georgia: Trump 44%, Biden 39%, other candidates 9.3% - TRUMP +5
  • Michigan: Trump 43%, Biden 40%, other candidates 8.3% - TRUMP +3
  • Nevada: Trump 43%, Biden 40%, other candidates 9.2%  - TRUMP +3
  • North Carolina: Trump 47%, Biden 38%, other candidates 8.7% - TRUMP+9
  • Pennsylvania: Trump 46%, Biden 40%, other candidates 6.3% - TRUMP +6
  • Wisconsin: Trump 46%, Biden 43%, other candidates 6.5% - TRUMP +3
  • National: Trump 44%, Biden 38%, other candidates 8.4 % TRUMP +6

https://emersoncollegepolling.com/july-2024-swing-state-polls/

Only 110 more days until Donald Trump and JD Vance take controls of this out-of-control plane, and start to right all of the wrongs, and make America Great Again.

TRUMP/VANCE 2024
MAGA

image.jpeg.febb9a63fd42d41226742144616a595d.jpeg

• Members
11 minutes ago, EmmetK said:

Another day, another poll, the weekly Emerson poll of swing states came out today.
It has Trump continuing to increase his lead nationally and in swing states INCLUDING VIRGINIA.

• Arizona: Trump 46%, Biden 36%, other candidates 8.2% - TRUMP +!0
  • Georgia: Trump 44%, Biden 39%, other candidates 9.3% - TRUMP +5
  • Michigan: Trump 43%, Biden 40%, other candidates 8.3% - TRUMP +3
  • Nevada: Trump 43%, Biden 40%, other candidates 9.2%  - TRUMP +3
  • North Carolina: Trump 47%, Biden 38%, other candidates 8.7% - TRUMP+9
  • Pennsylvania: Trump 46%, Biden 40%, other candidates 6.3% - TRUMP +6
  • Wisconsin: Trump 46%, Biden 43%, other candidates 6.5% - TRUMP +3
  • National: Trump 44%, Biden 38%, other candidates 8.4 % TRUMP +6

https://emersoncollegepolling.com/july-2024-swing-state-polls/

Only 110 more days until Donald Trump and JD Vance take controls of this out-of-control plane, and start to right all of the wrongs, and make America Great Again.

TRUMP/VANCE 2024
MAGA

image.jpeg.febb9a63fd42d41226742144616a595d.jpeg

Keep peddling your numbers Emmet Kornacki.... In the end, it will all mean shit as the Dems are victorious, rejecting Trump and his MAGA dictatorship.   Everything Vance told Americans last night was bullshit,   Vance is a very lucky opportunist who fucked Peter Thiel, and for that, Thiel bankrolled him.... Vance still HATES Trump but is willing to "swallow" for the sake of Power.   He sees himself the next President, which he could possibly be IF he doesnt end up in jail first ?.  

• Members

All these media generated polls in Trumps favor are nothing more than "red herrings" to make Americans believe Trump will be the rightful winner.   At the same time it is giving them license and cover to unleash Coup 2.0 when they dispute the election results because they Lose .   They will surely cite POLLS as their evidence of a WIN. Its all just a giant mindfuck

YARN | It's the old tactic, the mind-fuck. | Slap Shot (1977) | Video gifs  by quotes | aafbdceb | 紗

5 hours ago, Suckrates said:

Keep peddling your numbers Emmet Kornacki.... In the end, it will all mean shit as the Dems are victorious, rejecting Trump and his MAGA dictatorship.   Everything Vance told Americans last night was bullshit,   Vance is a very lucky opportunist who fucked Peter Thiel, and for that, Thiel bankrolled him.... Vance still HATES Trump but is willing to "swallow" for the sake of Power.   He sees himself the next President, which he could possibly be IF he doesnt end up in jail first ?.  

I don't think Vance hates Trump.  He might not respect his incompetence, or his laziness, but I doubt he hates him. I could see Vance admiring Trump's ability to lie without remorse and peddle bullshit as if it was fact. 

I expect Vance wants to learn from the master. Replace the master of course - he is ambitious - and throw Trump under the bus later in life if that suits is narrative of the moment. 

• Members
1 minute ago, RockyRoadTravel said:

I don't think Vance hates Trump.  He might not respect his incompetence, or his laziness, but I doubt he hates him. I could see Vance admiring Trump's ability to lie without remorse and peddle bullshit as if it was fact. 

I expect Vance wants to learn from the master. Replace the master of course - he is ambitious - and throw Trump under the bus later in life if that suits is narrative of the moment. 

He may very well drive the bus over Trump down the road.  but I believe the original things he said when he was a never-Trumper before his MAGA conversion. .  I wouldnt  call his former comments respectful or loving.  They were downright Hateful and I dont think his view has changed by simply " getting to know him".    If anythinh. he hates him more now, but will use him to climb his political ladder... He's got a good head-start. 

@EmmetK I know you like to obsess on individual polls. And maybe you're in the process of posting this one - so sorry if I scooped you.  It's just an individual poll so it might not mean anything - right Emmett?  Individual polls aren't a trend - right Emmett?  Harris leads Trump 44% - 42%. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/harris-leads-trump-44-42-us-presidential-race-reutersipsos-poll-finds-2024-07-23/