JZenLyfe

2 weeks in Bangkok!

Will be in Bangkok for 2 weeks starting on Sunday. Thailand being the 3rd leg of my journey through Asia. Not super into the club scene but do like bar/lounges, massages, and callboys. Coming from Vietnam when Grindr is king for finding some fun, and massage places are few and far between. 

Looking for advice on where to go for twink boys (young but of course legal). Best massage spots, bar recommendations, and preferred tip amounts. 

For reference I am a top and will be staying at The Quarter Silom by UHG for my first week. Thanks and truly appreciate any and all advice.

Vinapu, I love your updates but surely turn left at Thaniya if one arrives passing Soi 4? For disco GOD and DJ are worth googling by the OP? As for tips, in January I was paying 2000 bt short time and 3000 bt long time (until 6am) in Freshboys and Good Boys. I am told more is expected in some of the other go go bars.  

5 minutes ago, zoomomancs said:

Vinapu, I love your updates but surely turn left at Thaniya if one arrives passing Soi 4? For disco GOD and DJ are worth googling by the OP?

of course  you are right,  , going from Soi 4 turn LEFT at Thainya to find Moonlight. Or keep going along Silom to hit soi 2 with GOD and DJ, I did not mention those as I don't go there,  always saturated with offering in area described above.

For erotic massage with twinks I suggest looking at who you like in the massage shops on Silom Soi 6, 2 minutes walk from The Quarter hotel. Talk to the man you choose at an early stage about what you want. Don't leave them to suggest a happy ending 45 minutes into a one hour booking. They may well ask for 2000 bt. Up to you but it's all negotiable. It's rainy season so they are pleased to see a good customer. In my experience the lads on Soi 6 are helpful. For example, once my belt broke when I was getting dressed. The lad took off his own belt and lent it to me. I returned it afterwards. They can spend a of lot of time waiting for customers so they deserve good treatment from us. 

4 hours ago, zoomomancs said:

Don't leave them to suggest a happy ending 45 minutes into a one hour booking. They may well ask for 2000 bt. Up to you but it's all negotiable.

Unless minimum tip is indicated as higher I tip 1000 for 1 hr and 1500 for 1.50 hr session and rarely I see disappointment. If I'm impressed with boy or service or both I tend to force on them 200-500 more, particularly if I'm sure I want to see them again very soon.

15 hours ago, vinapu said:

If you staying in Quarter Silom you don't need any recommendation. Within 5 minutes walk  , no matter whether you turn left or right you will finds yourself in paradise with 2 dozen massage shops , all with all kinds of guys sitting in front and asking  for your attention.

Keep walking either way another 5 minutes and you will find yourself in Patpong, second , more narrow alley is called Patpong 2 and this is where you will find Fresh Boys, Good Boy, Hot Male & Dreamboys and those  bar names are telling. Visit all and you will be able to make your idea which one is the best. World famous Foodland Patpong is also there for your eating and shopping needs.

Few steps further you will find gay center of Silom if not whole Bangkok - soi 4 where Banana Club barkers will greet you enthusiastically close to entrance and if you keep walking , after several restaurants and bars at end of soi you will see Jupiter bar where boys are not exactly twinks but handsome and show is entertaining. 

If you continue along Silom past soi 4 you will see more and more massage places with boys outside. Turn right at Thaniya , that's busy side street with Japanese flavor and at end of it you will hit Suriwong. In small alley roughly opposite of Raya hotel you will find or barkers direct you to a Moonlight bar with more handsome guys and a lot of more manly twinks. In 15 minutes if you don't stop anywhere your grand tour of the area is done .

Going back to hotel you pass by more massage shops and turn into soi 6 where your hotel is . there you will find The One , former Tawan bar known for big boys but you may want to visit there and who knows? Perhaps you will like somebody there as well.

This is amazing and thorough! Thank you I will definitely explore the whole area hehe!

16 hours ago, JZenLyfe said:

Will be in Bangkok for 2 weeks starting on Sunday. Thailand being the 3rd leg of my journey through Asia. Not super into the club scene but do like bar/lounges, massages, and callboys. Coming from Vietnam when Grindr is king for finding some fun, and massage places are few and far between. 

Looking for advice on where to go for twink boys (young but of course legal). Best massage spots, bar recommendations, and preferred tip amounts. 

For reference I am a top and will be staying at The Quarter Silom by UHG for my first week. Thanks and truly appreciate any and all advice.

Will then move on the Chiang Mai for a week. If anyone has similar advice for that area ☺️

4 hours ago, floridarob said:

my Gremlins practice of not being out after midnight, in most countries.....zero problems, one of the few benefits of getting older, Wonder how I did it for so many years and now don't miss it at all 🤔

you start forgetting you were staying past midnight so nothing to miss ? 😁

4 hours ago, floridarob said:

Be careful with Freelancers, could be good, could end up with drama/problems. Is why I like Tarntawan holding their ID's, less of a chance of wondering where your phone is later.

As veteran of many , many long time offs I haste to say that while theft is always possible in 99.97 % of cases your phone will be in the same place where you left it , whether safe or in the open.

But yes, as you said there may be some freelancers who  have sticky fingers as our member Christian PFC learned painfully in Phnom Penh earlier this year. Also there was some upheaval at Dreamboys  after offed  boy apparently stole something from his client, resulting in letting go all non-Thai guys.  

I have never had anything stolen in my many offs in Thailand either, though I try not to tempt fate. I use the room safe and seldom have overnights anyway - mostly because I find it hard to fall asleep with a stranger in my bed. 

In the 1990s, I did have a watch stolen by a Filipino boy. I was sure I left the watch (worth maybe $100)  on the bedside table, but it was gone when I looked 5 minutes after he left. In those days, even very ordinary watches had flea market resale value. I doubt if that's the case now.

@JZenLyfe there is map of the area that Vinapu described at Map of Silom-Surawong area, December 2023.

1 hour ago, macaroni21 said:

I have never had anything stolen in my many offs in Thailand

Neither have I, only time because of offing a non-performer from bars.  It's the freelancers and app guys you need to watch out for, I had a string of bad choices from DJ some years ago 🙄

23 hours ago, vaughn said:

Vinapu has you well informed with his advice and you're in the right area with the hotel.

We share the twink preference so i'll just give my opinion on where i put my order

Gogos

• Freshboys - always a selection worth checking
  • Dreamboys - very close second, some would put first
  • Banana - hit or miss for me but usually someone there worth going for
    I haven't been to Good Boy and some of the others, but do provide a report if you go

Massage

• I start my stroll from Patpong along Surawong Rd and then down Than Tawan, always works ok. The couple of shops on Surawong usually seem to have more twinks, but i haven't been back since December.

Clubs

• DJ Station usually has some freelancers or free to play guys, especially fri and sat
  • Bars down Soi 4 (same soi as banana), sometimes you'll find freelancers or free to play 

Grindr and the apps are usually just as busy as Vietnam.

Tips vary from boy to boy and venue to venue, I usually just ask and then give them a bit more on top if i want to see them again. 

This is great! Will definitely go to Freshboys, Dreamboys, and Good Boy. 

For massage is there a best time to visit? Or should I book in advance? 🧐