AndyUK

Luang Prabang recommendations

Visiting in January 2025 for a week. I’ve sussed a lot of the cultural ‘must dos’ but does anyone have recommendations on gay bars, clubs, massage places or spas please? Any info appreciated especially from recent travellers x

one doesn't really go there for the sex. But it's a beautiful place. The first time I went my gay tour guide really wanted to have sex with me. I got the feeling that the poor guy was really hard up in such a small place. Nice guy but not something I was looking for. Lots of hospitality industry going on so probably more than a few gay or gay enough guys on the apps.

Check out Big Brother Mouse and Big Sister Mouse. Great organization trying to provide quality education for the children of Laos. 

Providing more encouragement than help as my experience was more than 20 years ago...........But It did seem like the GAYEST place ever in terms of proportion of the population! I wondered if it was something in the water. 

If no one comes up with gay venues, I would expect that the gay guys interested will find the visitors in "straight" venues(or on the apps).

6 hours ago, fedssocr said:

one doesn't really go there for the sex. But it's a beautiful place. The first time I went my gay tour guide really wanted to have sex with me. I got the feeling that the poor guy was really hard up in such a small place. Nice guy but not something I was looking for. Lots of hospitality industry going on so probably more than a few gay or gay enough guys on the apps.

Check out Big Brother Mouse and Big Sister Mouse. Great organization trying to provide quality education for the children of Laos. 

Siam Roads guy?

15 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Siam Roads guy?

no, this was 15+ years ago when Purple Dragon was still in business

Last time I was in LP was 2015. It didn't seem particularly gay to me. But definitely worth a visit. Back in the day there was a restaurant outside of the town that was a mixed place where the gays gathered. At least that's what I was told. It was pretty quiet the night I was there. I don't think it's still there

14 hours ago, fedssocr said:

no, this was 15+ years ago when Purple Dragon was still in business

Last time I was in LP was 2015. It didn't seem particularly gay to me. But definitely worth a visit. Back in the day there was a restaurant outside of the town that was a mixed place where the gays gathered. At least that's what I was told. It was pretty quiet the night I was there. I don't think it's still there

Thanks. I use some of the Siam Roafs guys, and observe the 'no sex' stipulation, though some are attractive!

On 6/27/2024 at 3:57 PM, AndyUK said:

There is a Siam Roads guide in LP and I’ll probably hire him for a LP intro!

Let me know how you get on.

No worries Keith I will. I’m in Asia for three months so this will be a small part of a trip from Nov through to Feb. Can’t wait x