On my first visit, I only remember tv channels in Thai.    I have seen on several movie theater websites there are movies shown in English.  Does anyone know of any English tv channels available?  You know, for those resting up times before hitting the go-go bars.

Thanks. 

Your access to TV Channels and Movies(English and many more) is only limited by the subscriptions that your hotel/accomodation pay for and provide. Loads of English Language channels tend to be available in higher end accomodation. Where are you staying? 

On 6/25/2024 at 1:39 PM, jdp103 said:

On my first visit, I only remember tv channels in Thai.    I have seen on several movie theater websites there are movies shown in English.  Does anyone know of any English tv channels available?  You know, for those resting up times before hitting the go-go bars.

Thanks. 

you will rest when you go home, don't waste your time on TV unless it's raining cats and dogs. Streets outside provide for much more entertainment.

resting before hitting go-go is better if you invite some masseur to rest with you  , it may even turn that going to bars is not really necessary that night

15 hours ago, Pantherz said:

Buy an Amazon Firestick to bring with you. You can hook it up to the TV’s HDMI port and stream Netflix and use other streaming apps as well. 

Not sure my IT skills are up to that!

Nor mine. But I'd be amazed if there are many hotels in tourist area of 3* or "better" that don't have a dozen or so English Language channels. BBC, Sky, the French/ English one, Al Jazeera/English (the only news to trust these days!) and sometimes CNN. Even Fox, heaven help us, if you want homophobia and racism in your diet. Plus movie channels with subtitles at least.

HBO I Thailand blew me away in the hotel. So many great movies to see and rotated well for selection.

In the USA it sucks. Same old crap again and again.

Months later I would see a great movie again in the USA and remember it was better because I saw it in Thailand first.

Even their "HB trademark- audio logo"would bring chills through my spine while back home, reminding me of vacation.

On 6/28/2024 at 10:24 AM, Pantherz said:

Buy an Amazon Firestick to bring with you. You can hook it up to the TV’s HDMI port and stream Netflix and use other streaming apps as well. 

Great idea - I have a Firestick at home.   Never thought about bringing it.   I'll give it a try.   Thanks!