Guest lvdkeyes

DVD Collectors

Guest lvdkeyes

I am looking for a DVD of the original Porgy & Bess with Sidney Poitier. Does anyone have a copy they would be willing to share in exchange for a copy of any I have that you want? I have over 500 titles including some TV Shows.

Guest lvdkeyes

I'll take a look. Thanks. That shop in Sri Racha Tuk Cum doesn't have much anymore. Not like before. I am interested in exchanging copies of DVD's.

You might also try Amazon and eBay. If they have it but won't ship to Thailand, maybe you can have a friend bring it over for you or have it sent to a friend and then have him mail it to you.

I think CD Warehouse is either on the top floor or one floor below the top at Royal Garden.

Guest lvdkeyes

You might also try Amazon and eBay. If they have it but won't ship to Thailand, maybe you can have a friend bring it over for you or have it sent to a friend and then have him mail it to you.

I think CD Warehouse is either on the top floor or one floor below the top at Royal Garden.

I tried eBay without luck. I know where CD Warehouse is, but didn't think of it. I was hoping someone would have a copy to share.

Guest lvdkeyes

I'm afraid I owe you an apology. It's been well over a year since I was last in Royal Garden. This evening I was there. CD Warehouse is closed and gone. When I asked I was told they have not reopened elsewhere.

No problem. I haven't made a special trip there. Thanks for the warning.

Well, maybe I can make it up to you this way: The reason I was there was because a group of six of us wanted to try a fairly new Korean barbeque restaurant called Red Kimchi, which turned out to be very good. To find it you exit the Royal Garden shopping mall on the Beach Road side. Don't go down the steps. Instead, make an immediate right turn and you'll see it just past the Burger King. If you get as far as the TMB currency exchange booth, you went too far.

Go on a Tuesday or Saturday. If you go with another person, on those two days it's 2-for-1. Our dinner, based on that, was 220 baht each, including water and tip.

It's buffet style and it's not the usual Thai buffet at which you find low quality foods. This was all high quality and very good. We all enjoyed it.

So, you might not get the DVD you hoped for, but if you enjoy that kind of food, it's worth trying. One Thai young man was with us and he liked it as much as we did.