reader

SCAT Airlines operates new routes from to U-Tapao

It seems only fitting that carrier will be using Boeing Max aircraft.

From The Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) announced new flight connections at U-Tapao–Rayong–Pattaya International Airport (UTP), courtesy of SCAT Airlinesand AirAsia. This move underscores Thailand’s strategic push to enhance accessibility for international business travellers and tourists.

SCAT Airlines is operating a charter service using Boeing 797 Max-9 with 213 seats from Almaty, Kazakhstan via flight number VSV5357 every seven to 10 days from June to March next year. AirAsia’s flight number AK840 operates flights from Kuala Lumpur using Airbus A320 with 189 seats three times a week.

The addition of these flights significantly improves access to crucial markets like Kazakhstan and Malaysia, fostering economic growth in Thailand’s tourism and business sectors. Key international markets include India, Vietnam, China, Russia, and Kazakhstan.

Small low key airline from Kazakhstan. Works since 1998.

Very questionable service. Mostly charter flights. Only nonrefundable tickets - it is not possible to return any ticket, only option to change to another day. At past it was typical "countryside aviation company" with few small and slow aircraft and flights btw small towns within Kazakhstan. 

810099e2518935a434390065210e76db1ca471b9

Now it has small park of Boeing 737 MAX, which were grounded for 2 years at time of scandal with that model.

48 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

I wonder if the airline is aware of another meaning of Scat! Could produce interesting  clientele!

I think there is misunderstanding in this news: because of questionable naming of this company it has sub-cumpany for international flights "Sunday airlines" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_Airlines with Boeings 757 and 767 suitable for long haul flights.

19 minutes ago, Moses said:

I think there is misunderstanding in this news: because of questionable naming of this company it has sub-cumpany for international flights "Sunday airlines" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_Airlines with Boeings 757 and 767 suitable for long haul flights.

Sunday  Airlines would be better!

3 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

I wonder if the airline is aware of another meaning of Scat! Could produce interesting  clientele!

I was shocked to see the name when connecting through Narita in beginning of the year

2 hours ago, Moses said:

Very questionable service. Mostly charter flights. Only nonrefundable tickets - it is not possible to return any ticket, only option to change to another day.

at least it can be changer. even mainstream lies are offering non-refundable tickets and they mean it, If one doesn't go is out of luck. nothing wrong with that as long as price reflects that inconvenience

image.png.07845505fb7511f1608c7f9394e6cfff.png

From Wikipedia

SCAT Airlines, legally PLL SCAT Air Company, is a Kazakh civil airline. Its head office is located in the Shymkent International Airportin Şymkent, Kazakhstan.[2] It operates services to all major cities of Kazakhstan and its neighboring countries. Its main base is Şymkent Airport, with focus cities at Aqtau International Airport, Nursultan Nazarbayev International Airport, and Almaty International Airport.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCAT_Airlines

4 hours ago, Moses said:

Sunday Airlines is a charter airline in Kazakhstan and a subsidiary of SCAT Airlines. Its main base is Almaty International Airport. It was founded in 2013.