18past19

Bangkok to Chiang Mai sleeper train #9

Go for it but book early as those apparently sell fast I was told. That could be  very pleasant and rewarding 12 hours if you take somebody suitable with you . I think I even know some prime candidate you can park yourself in compartment with.

12 hours ago, 18past19 said:

I just watched a review on its first class by a youtuber. And I can’t control myself having some nasty thoughts since viewing my stamp collection (patented by @vinapu) on a train with a guy has been one among my thousand other fantasies.  

Has anyone experienced it?

In your compartment, or in the toilet?

3 hours ago, Keithambrose said:
15 hours ago, 18past19 said:

In your compartment, or in the toilet?

your question gives me a more creative thought and makes me want to be more adventurous. 😁

4 hours ago, 18past19 said:

your question gives me a more creative thought and makes me want to be more adventurous. 😁

Well, there is also the corridor? Or the luggage rack?

unfortunately according to what i heard this train does not have a luggage rack. 😝

kidding aside, all the first class seats for train #9 have been sold out until late August.  i just learned that they open up the first class seats 3 months ahead. so, if anyone is thinking of it, pls make sure to book 3 months in advance. 

IMG_9074.jpeg

1 minute ago, 18past19 said:

unfortunately according to what i heard this train does not have a luggage rack. 😝

kidding aside, all the first class seats for train #9 have been sold out until late August.  i just learned that they open up the first class seats 3 months ahead. so, if anyone is thinking of it, pls make sure to book 3 months in advance. 

IMG_9074.jpeg

Excellent  picture! I fear luggage racks went out many years ago!