Londoner

Hotel breakfasts

The old Dusit Thani also had a great selection.  I may try to find out in November how the new hotel fares. I should add that the breakfast in the Meredien Club lounge, while much reduced from the main buffet, is still good enough, in my view, cook on hand etc. Also much quieter,  if that's important! The Club lounge has been refurbished  since my last visit, so I am interested to see if there are improvements.

5 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

The old Dusit Thani also had a great selection.  I may try to find out in November how the new hotel fares. I should add that the breakfast in the Meredien Club lounge, while much reduced from the main buffet, is still good enough, in my view, cook on hand etc. 

+1

4 minutes ago, 10tazione said:

Thanks. I have looked at the website, it looks better than I had expected, large rooms, Thai style.  However I couldn't find any reference to a Club floor, and just 3 types of room, though all spacious 

14 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

Thanks. I have looked at the website, it looks better than I had expected, large rooms, Thai style.  However I couldn't find any reference to a Club floor, and just 3 types of room, though all spacious 

Here is the complete list of room types:

https://www.dusit.com/dusitthani-bangkok/accommodation/

They also mention the Club floor.

Currently only a few room types can be booked though.

27 minutes ago, 10tazione said:

Here is the complete list of room types:

https://www.dusit.com/dusitthani-bangkok/accommodation/

They also mention the Club floor.

Currently only a few room types can be booked though.

OK, thanks. That's helpful. I missed the full list.

2 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

OK, thanks. That's helpful. I missed the full list.

I see that, as you suggest, the Club rooms are not available  in November,  when I would be there. I searched for November,  hence the restricted rooms! Shame

Why are the suites not available for booking?

Nonetheless, the "normal" rooms are huge at 50 Square metres.

Seems like every room is guaranteed a view of Lumpini Park.

Though each room costs from 10k baht each, with US$75 hotel credit during opening promotion, it looks like a good deal!

4 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Why are the suites not available for booking?

Nonetheless, the "normal" rooms are huge at 50 Square metres.

Seems like every room is guaranteed a view of Lumpini Park.

Though each room costs from 10k baht each, with US$75 hotel credit during opening promotion, it looks like a good deal!

Im assuming that the 'opening' is partial, and therefore only thr rooms are ready, though, as you say they are huge. That would explain why no references to The Club floor, etc, which must not be ready either till a bit later. I imagine management  don't want to be too open about a partial opening, they just want to get the punters in. I hope there is a big pool, one of the disadvantages of the old Dusit was a small, rather sunless pool. It did have a great Club floor though, with an extensive terrace overlooking  the Park. Showing my age, when I first stayed there, it was the tallest building in Bangkok!

14 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

I see that, as you suggest, the Club rooms are not available  in November,  when I would be there. I searched for November,  hence the restricted rooms! Shame

incentive to  think about another trip early in 2025

11 hours ago, jason1975 said:

certainly, almost like giveaway

24 minutes ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

yes - he's coming back!!!

I meant incentive to Keithambrose. Certainly I'm not in position to spent serious money on accommodation in Dusit Thani or any other 5 stars

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

I meant incentive to Keithambrose. Certainly I'm not in position to spent serious money on accommodation in Dusit Thani or any other 5 stars

You will have to get a part time job to fund your trips 😉 

8 hours ago, vinapu said:

incentive to  think about another trip early in 2025

Booked to arrive on 5th January! I always try to go to an Elephant party, held on the second Sunday in January,  by a very old lawyer friend  of mine. I have known him over 40 years!

28 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

Booked to arrive on 5th January! I always try to go to an Elephant party, held on the second Sunday in January,  by a very old lawyer friend  of mine. I have known him over 40 years!

You prefer high season ?😲

2 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

You prefer high season ?😲

Yes, actually, but I have no choice, that is when the party is!