jason1975

Bangkok Trip Report June 2024

3 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Dreamboys is busy every night with customers from those who go just to watch the show and those who go to drink whisky seated in private sofas. While not fully filled to capacity, there is always a steady inflow of customers throughout the night. About 30 to 40 guys working at 9pm. By midnight, only half the guys are standing on stage because some got offs while most were drinking with big spenders. In terms of selection, Dreamboys seems to have every type for everyone. Some handsome twinks. Some well-proportioned hunks (but obviously not to Tawan standard). Also some veterans and old-timers who rarely get offs but are there to perform at shows.

Show is mixture of ladyboy and big cock performances. My favourite show in all the bars because of the coyote dancing which starts the first show 10.30pm and the third show after midnight. I went 4 times and always enjoyed the coyote dancing, often tipping my favourites!

One of the things I enjoy at Dreamboys is watching the guys going down to meet customers who called them. They always have wide friendly smiles. When I am seated at the side, I have a good view of everything happening. And the bar is not dark like in Freshboys where you can hardly see anything. Here at Dreamboys, you can see customers interacting with the guys, finding out more about each other and doing negotiations, sometimes using their handphones to translate.

It was however unfortunate for me to see some customers behaving grotesquely. I saw a farang standing up close to the guys on stage with mamasan and pointing and "interviewing" them for a good 5 minutes. Not classy at all! In my opinion, mamasan should have called them down to the customer instead of allowing such a public display for everyone to see. I also witnessed a ridiculous Chinese customer walking up to the stage to a guy and he grabbed the guy's dick and felt the goods before telling him to go and sit with him!

Because I was at Dreamboys so often, I remember the guys and notice how certain guys are buddies and are always together. There's a pair of tall guys whom I see always standing next to each other on stage. During the show, they come off the stage and sit together. I saw them while I was having dinner at Foodland at 7 plus before they report to work on subsequent days. I saw them twice and once, I was at next table. If not for the fact that I was with my guy, I would have sat and chatted with them and maybe even paid for their meal! 

I also saw from afar one particular guy who works at Jupiter who came into Dreamboys with his Asian looking customer on two nights. They sat at private sofa and had whisky. Mamasans and some Dreamboys guys would join them and drink together. The customer (who wears flowery beach shirt and long shorts and with gold accessories) is Jupiter guy's regular customer so when he comes to Bangkok, Jupiter guy will be away from his own bar to accompany him. This time round, customer was in town for 4 nights. I thought the customer was from China but I found out later that he was Vietnamese. Jupiter guy is popular and has many regular Asian customers who off him because he holds his drink well and he speaks Chinese well. Even though he works at Jupiter, he seldom appears there because he is always with regular customers! I did have one opportunity to meet him at Jupiter to drink and chat with him for a while. He is my regular guy's best friend and we talk and tease each other.

Back to Dreamboys. I would say this bar looks to be the best bar in Bangkok in my opinion. It is well-run and its show has something for everyone. Size and layout of venue is also conducive. Seeing the constant stream of customers as well as the number of big spenders at private sofas (there was even one birthday celebration on one of the nights I was there), it might be even more profitable than Jupiter and Moonlight!

Dreamboys is also my favourite bar and most attended, mainly because my favourite works there. I always seem to be served by the same mamasan also. Last time I was there (January this year) I felt like there wasn't that much choice in boys and the quality had gone down, however it seems like it's getting better lately. Thanks for the report!

4 hours ago, reader said:

+1

I was there same time and witnessed both events. I echo Jason’s description of grotesque behavior. It not only reflected poorly on the customer, it was offensive to the boys. I had a good view of one boy who was openly groped and his expression could not conceal his embarrassment. The customer pushed his hand into the boy’s briefs as far as it would go. It was emasculating.

Not literally, I hope!

7 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Back to Dreamboys. I would say this bar looks to be the best bar in Bangkok in my opinion.

there notion we are twins goes  with smoke but I like your report, very thank you

17 hours ago, vinapu said:

yes but when you buy undergarments or shirt you don't try them in the open, you go to place you can do it discretely

Undergarments are usually non-refundable once worn. I don't know what that does to your metaphor 🩲🙂

2 minutes ago, thaiophilus said:

Undergarments are usually non-refundable once worn. I don't know what that does to your metaphor 🩲🙂

Interesting  question. What if they are the wrong size?

funny, i just remember from some decades ago , a man i used to meet in a work situation , he told  me he used to bring 5/6 pairs jocks into the changing room with him , put on all bar one (at the same time ) , pay for  the remaining one at the till , and walk out with confidence !!!!

btw , this was pure theft ! 

13 hours ago, dellboy said:

funny, i just remember from some decades ago , a man i used to meet in a work situation , he told  me he used to bring 5/6 pairs jocks into the changing room with him , put on all bar one (at the same time ) , pay for  the remaining one at the till , and walk out with confidence !!!!

btw , this was pure theft ! 

If stopped the security guard would require a return to the changing room to check the underwear being worn. These would then have to be taken off pair by pair while the guard watched until they had all been removed. At which point you might need to oblige the guard to avoid being arrested..................

5 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Taking guys off for karaoke is a fun group activity and I have done it once last year and enjoyed it tremendously. The trick to ensuring a fun night is finding the right guys - those who are fun-loving and of course they love to sing! During this trip, I organised a karaoke night for some forum members. Actually I didn't do much. I just approached the Hotmale Beer Bar downstairs waiters for karaoke and they suggested the venue. (But I did have to speak personally to manager upstairs to allow 3 guys off as it would leave the bar short-handed for the night). Last year, we went to Happy Beer Garden private Karaoke room at the back of its restaurant. "Happy Beer Garden small. We go new karaoke Soi Tarntawan. Big room," they suggested. So off we went - 8 of us in total - to a building directly opposite Super A. The name is officially The Sky Restaurant but a traditional restaurant it definitely is not! We went in and on first floor was a ballroom with a stage and tables and seats. At the side of the ballroom were many ladies seated. They looked at us sweetly but we were all taken. We went upstairs to a private room. Big enough for up to 15 people. There was an en suite bathroom. Cost of room was 600 baht per hour. There was a free 1 hour deal for 2 hours of karaoke so we took it. Ended up with karaoke for 3 hours from 9pm to midnight. The guys ordered food and we even got a bottle of Absolut vodka (1800 baht with unlimited mixers). Total cost was 6k but it was a fun night. One of the guys was a big K-Pop fan so he sang K-Pop songs enthusiastically with dance moves. Forum members and I knew we couldn't sing so we let the guys sing on their own - Myanmar, Vietnamese and Korean songs. I knew some of the guys are fantastic singers but I didn't realise the other guys could sing as well - maybe it's their culture. Overall a fun night to hang out with the guys and get to know them better.

20240612_193555.jpg

Only singing, nothing else?

On 6/20/2024 at 9:26 AM, jason1975 said:

Dreamboys is busy every night with customers from those who go just to watch the show and those who go to drink whisky seated in private sofas. While not fully filled to capacity, there is always a steady inflow of customers throughout the night. About 30 to 40 guys working at 9pm. By midnight, only half the guys are standing on stage because some got offs while most were drinking with big spenders. In terms of selection, Dreamboys seems to have every type for everyone. Some handsome twinks. Some well-proportioned hunks (but obviously not to Tawan standard). Also some veterans and old-timers who rarely get offs but are there to perform at shows.

Show is mixture of ladyboy and big cock performances. My favourite show in all the bars because of the coyote dancing which starts the first show 10.30pm and the third show after midnight. I went 4 times and always enjoyed the coyote dancing, often tipping my favourites!

One of the things I enjoy at Dreamboys is watching the guys going down to meet customers who called them. They always have wide friendly smiles. When I am seated at the side, I have a good view of everything happening. And the bar is not dark like in Freshboys where you can hardly see anything. Here at Dreamboys, you can see customers interacting with the guys, finding out more about each other and doing negotiations, sometimes using their handphones to translate.

It was however unfortunate for me to see some customers behaving grotesquely. I saw a farang standing up close to the guys on stage with mamasan and pointing and "interviewing" them for a good 5 minutes. Not classy at all! In my opinion, mamasan should have called them down to the customer instead of allowing such a public display for everyone to see. I also witnessed a ridiculous Chinese customer walking up to the stage to a guy and he grabbed the guy's dick and felt the goods before telling him to go and sit with him!

Because I was at Dreamboys so often, I remember the guys and notice how certain guys are buddies and are always together. There's a pair of tall guys whom I see always standing next to each other on stage. During the show, they come off the stage and sit together. I saw them while I was having dinner at Foodland at 7 plus before they report to work on subsequent days. I saw them twice and once, I was at next table. If not for the fact that I was with my guy, I would have sat and chatted with them and maybe even paid for their meal! 

I also saw from afar one particular guy who works at Jupiter who came into Dreamboys with his Asian looking customer on two nights. They sat at private sofa and had whisky. Mamasans and some Dreamboys guys would join them and drink together. The customer (who wears flowery beach shirt and long shorts and with gold accessories) is Jupiter guy's regular customer so when he comes to Bangkok, Jupiter guy will be away from his own bar to accompany him. This time round, customer was in town for 4 nights. I thought the customer was from China but I found out later that he was Vietnamese. Jupiter guy is popular and has many regular Asian customers who off him because he holds his drink well and he speaks Chinese well. Even though he works at Jupiter, he seldom appears there because he is always with regular customers! I did have one opportunity to meet him at Jupiter to drink and chat with him for a while. He is my regular guy's best friend and we talk and tease each other.

Back to Dreamboys. I would say this bar looks to be the best bar in Bangkok in my opinion. It is well-run and its show has something for everyone. Size and layout of venue is also conducive. Seeing the constant stream of customers as well as the number of big spenders at private sofas (there was even one birthday celebration on one of the nights I was there), it might be even more profitable than Jupiter and Moonlight!

It's become quite apparent to me that a lot of the boys prefer Chinese customers. They are getting huge tips that are simply way over priced for what they should be. As a result the chinese tourists are driving prices up. I have never understood this behaviour. I am often observing the chinese tourists. They are dripped with fake brand name knock offs head to toe spending exorbitant prices. The boys now see this as the norm and it is a new expectation. I have no specific issues with the tourists other than their ludicrous behaviour. 

2 hours ago, davide3311 said:

It's become quite apparent to me that a lot of the boys prefer Chinese customers. They are getting huge tips that are simply way over priced for what they should be. As a result the chinese tourists are driving prices up. I have never understood this behaviour. I am often observing the chinese tourists. They are dripped with fake brand name knock offs head to toe spending exorbitant prices. The boys now see this as the norm and it is a new expectation. I have no specific issues with the tourists other than their ludicrous behaviour. 

Market economy has its advantages and disadvantages. Chinese had to wait much longer post-covid to be allowed to travel so now they are catching up.

I don't think they all are so generous , rather some of them are as thye like to show off. I see them buying those garlands or tipping boys on the stage , say 500 baht just for being there but often boys sitting with them for prolonged time are leaving with 20-50 baht tip, the same can be observed when show performers are soliciting tips circulating among audience. Massage boys in soi 6 where shops don't have minimum tip policy would tell you that often Chinese leave next to nothing .

As for tips  for services behind closed door, only reliable source of information would be boys but on that subject there are tight lipped understandably.

But if Chinese are driving prices up indeed they we need to adapt or find cheaper providers, just like  everywhere else