3. Vancouver
  4. San Jose
  5. Los Angeles
  6. Honolulu
  7. Melbourne
  8. San Francisco/Adelaide
  9. San Diego
  10. Toronto

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/06/14/business/house-prices-impossibly-unaffordable-intl-hnk/index.html

I didn't find Toronto expensive.  Hotels about half the price of NY. Restaurants  certainly a bit cheaper than London.  I found Restaurants  in NY horrendous!

1 hour ago, Keithambrose said:

I didn't find Toronto expensive.  Hotels about half the price of NY. Restaurants  certainly a bit cheaper than London.  I found Restaurants  in NY horrendous!

I think this ranking mostly has to do with the price of housing in relation the average income of a given city and not the cost of visiting them as hotel prices in places like NYC, Paris and London are definitely much higher than HK or Sydney.

11 minutes ago, hojacat said:

I think this ranking mostly has to do with the price of housing in relation the average income of a given city and not the cost of visiting them as hotel prices in places like NYC, Paris and London are definitely much higher than HK or Sydney.

Could be, housing in Sydney is very expensive.  I didn't get that feeling about Toronto  when I was there in April.

32 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

Could be, housing in Sydney is very expensive.  I didn't get that feeling about Toronto  when I was there in April.

Though Sydney is definitely more expensive than Toronto in most categories, I think it's the favorable exchange rate between USD/CAD that makes feel like Toronto is affordable and Sydney is not too bad when visiting those places. For locals though, it's a different story.

1 hour ago, hojacat said:

Though Sydney is definitely more expensive than Toronto in most categories, I think it's the favorable exchange rate between USD/CAD that makes feel like Toronto is affordable and Sydney is not too bad when visiting those places. For locals though, it's a different story.

Lucky I bought my apartment in Sydney 25 years ago .

7 hours ago, hojacat said:

I think it's the favorable exchange rate between USD/CAD that makes feel like Toronto is affordable and Sydney is not too bad when visiting those places. For locals though, it's a different story.

very good point