Olddaddy

The ages of consent

United States citizens and permanent residents can be prosecuted under US law when they travel abroad and have sex with someone under 18 years of age:

PROTECT Act: Passed in 2003, the PROTECT Act makes it a crime for a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident to have sex with someone under the age of 18 in a foreign country. This offense can be prosecuted in the United States, even if it was legal where it occurred

Source:  Crimes Against Minors Abroad (state.gov)

23 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

What is meant by an adult. It is arguable  that anyone over 18 is an adult.  In any event your comment seems odd, when most, if not all, of the members here are, in one way or another, looking  for sex with younger guys. Can I assume that you are only looking for companions of your own age?

18-30 is good for me. I'm in my 30s. Just to answer your question.
Sounds to me like you shop on age. True colours bro. 

On 6/14/2024 at 8:29 AM, Keithambrose said:

And in UK, I believe.  

Correct, as stated earlier,  but, be careful, not if money or similar involved. 

On 6/14/2024 at 10:21 PM, Keithambrose said:

Under English law, sex with a minor under 16 is statutory rape. This is the case in other common law jurisdictions.  In seven EU states the age of consent is 14. In Roman law a girl could marry at 12, a boy at 14.

To be the pedant, you're not quite correct on the statutory rape in English law.

That applies to sex with children under 13.

Where the sexual contact was 'consensual', in so far as a young teenager (13 -15) can give consent, it is considered sexual activity with a child, and punished less severely.

While I mostly agree with gayinpattaya, I think there is a big distinctions to make between 16+, 18+, and 21+.

• Members
On 6/16/2024 at 2:26 PM, Mavica said:

United States citizens and permanent residents can be prosecuted under US law when they travel abroad and have sex with someone under 18 years of age:

Source:  Crimes Against Minors Abroad (state.gov)

While I think it's always a bad idea to have sex with anyone under 18, apparently the law only makes it illegal if the sex is "commercial" for ages 16 and 17, or in any case if the person is under 16:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PROTECT_Act_of_2003#:~:text=In the case United States,still faces an obscenity charge.

"...For the purposes of this law, illicit sexual conduct is defined as commercial sex with or sexual abuse of anyone under 18, or any sex with anyone under 16...". 

On 6/13/2024 at 6:29 PM, Olddaddy said:

What are the legal ages of gay sexual consent in gay friendly countries 

Be wary!
Many Thais consider that at their day of birth, they are one year old.
So, they may be one year younger than your farang calculations.

2 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

Be wary!

Good point. Hence, look at ID card!

On 6/14/2024 at 8:29 AM, Keithambrose said:

And in UK, I believe.  

Correct, as stated earlier,  but, be careful, not if money or similar involved. 

48 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

Be wary!

I didn't know this. Useful trivia :)

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

or engage guys you feel there's no need to even look at ID

True, but that ups the age a bit too much for me! Plenty of 25yr olds who look 18!