Olddaddy

The ages of consent

What are the legal ages of gay sexual consent in gay friendly countries 

This is WITHOUT payment of any kind 

I know in Australia it's 16....in most States 

So if your at say the Annual Sydney (NSW state)  Gay Mardi Gras then it's legal for you to go with a 16yo ( without any payment or gifts)

What about Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Cambodia,Taiwan , Japan ,Brazil ,Egypt ,morrico ,Columbia 

Worth also checking if your home country/country of residence considers it's laws on age of consent to apply to you wherever you are in the world. If you happen to go to a country where the age is lower than your home country, you may find yourself open to prosecution at home.

However,  @floridarob is absolutely right, 18+ should be the standard. 

13 hours ago, omega said:

Worth also checking if your home country/country of residence considers it's laws on age of consent to apply to you wherever you are in the world. If you happen to go to a country where the age is lower than your home country, you may find yourself open to prosecution at home.

However,  @floridarob is absolutely right, 18+ should be the standard. 

11 hours ago, vinapu said:

excellent reminder. It's actually a case where I live. 

My advice it to stay well, well above what others here call  "18+ standard"  specially in Asia where a lot of people to our eyes look misleadingly  younger. 

I rather go with out of shape  ex-Tawan guys than risk domestication in Bangkok Hilton as floridarob warned above

And in UK, I believe.  

2 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

And in UK, I believe.  

I believe the UK is 16 for consensual gay sex 

2 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I believe the UK is 16 for consensual gay sex 

Yes, if no incentive, cash, gifts etc!

Just now, Keithambrose said:

Yes, if no incentive, cash, gifts etc!

But still illegal to take revealing pics of boys, or girls, under 18!

12 minutes ago, khaolakguy said:

Moses, you might like to post the link to your source. This doesn't read like your creation!

It is 100% my creation. My second master degree is lawyer. The only is not "my" in the post above is translation by Google.

you may read my other legal post about taxes and taxation here: 

5 hours ago, Moses said:

There are two legal concepts: the age of consent and the age of majority. The age of consent is usually 2-3 years lower than the age of majority.

In most countries, sex between an adult and a minor is illegal, even if the partner is over the age of consent. The age of consent itself was introduced into the legal concept in order to make it possible not to prosecute minors who have sex with minors. As a rule, legal practice is such that the courts side with the accused (the eldest in the couple) if the age difference between the conditional accused and the conditional victim does not exceed 2-3 years, i.e. if the age of consent is 16, one partner is 16 (i.e. minor) and the other is 19 (i.e. adult), then the courts will reject the claims of the victim who has reached the age of consent or his parents in favor of the adult 19-year-old partner.

At the same time, if the age difference is significant (for example, 10 or more years), the courts usually satisfy the claims of the younger partner or his parents.

Bottom line: Fuck adults, not those who have reached the age of consent but are not yet of age.

All of the above refers to legislation based on Roman law. It more or less unified the approach to this issue. In English case law there are decisions in both directions and we can say that usually the one who has the most money wins (read: who has the best lawyers).

Under English law, sex with a minor under 16 is statutory rape. This is the case in other common law jurisdictions.  In seven EU states the age of consent is 14. In Roman law a girl could marry at 12, a boy at 14.

1 minute ago, Keithambrose said:

In seven EU states the age of consent is 14

While "boy may marry at 14", he still counts as minor at 14. Sex with minors is criminal offence. Do you see difference btw "marry" and sex?

• Members

Laws vary from country to country and state to state. I'm not interested in having sex with anyone under 18, but if I were, I would research local laws very carefully. The age of consent may be under 18 in most places, but it may depend with whom and/or under what circumstances. It may be legal to have sex with a 16 year-old, but if he were to complain he was pressured, one could find oneself in deep doo-doo. Just stick to men 18+, and don't stay up all night worrying. I was certainly willing and able to consent when I was 16, but the law can get tricky.

3 hours ago, unicorn said:

Laws vary from country to country and state to state. I'm not interested in having sex with anyone under 18, but if I were, I would research local laws very carefully. The age of consent may be under 18 in most places, but it may depend with whom and/or under what circumstances. It may be legal to have sex with a 16 year-old, but if he were to complain he was pressured, one could find oneself in deep doo-doo. Just stick to men 18+, and don't stay up all night worrying. I was certainly willing and able to consent when I was 16, but the law can get tricky.

Sensible comment!

8 hours ago, unicorn said:

I'm using this rule : if walking to hotel I'd be worried that reception may ask for ID  I rather look for other companion

• Members
29 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I'm using this rule : if walking to hotel I'd be worried that reception may ask for ID  I rather look for other companion

Well, some may recall the string I posted several months ago when the hotel receptionist carded my then 30 year-old fiance because he thought I might be involved with a minor! 😤

2 minutes ago, unicorn said:

Well, some may recall the string I posted several months ago when the hotel receptionist carded my then 30 year-old fiance because he thought I might be involved with a minor! 😤

I'm not surprised, once I was shown passport of 32 y.o. Cambodian  whom I classified as no more than 24. 

On the merit :

35 minutes ago, vinapu said:

so I go by what I think  and I'm comfortable with , not what possible receptionist may

Anyone over 50 years old chasing 18 year olds for sex, is a nonce in denial. 
Watching guys in their late 70s lurching the streets looking for something young to touch up...

Cmon.

This whole thread is disgusting. If you are an adult, you sleep with adults. 

What is meant by an adult. It is arguable  that anyone over 18 is an adult.  In any event your comment seems odd, when most, if not all, of the members here are, in one way or another, looking  for sex with younger guys. Can I assume that you are only looking for companions of your own age?