Gaybutton

Jimmy Dean Dies at 81

Country Music Legend, Sausage Pitchman Jimmy Dean Dies

By Ed Payne, CNN

June 14, 2010

(CNN) -- Country music artist and sausage entrepreneur Jimmy Dean died at his home in Varina, Virginia, Sunday evening, police said. He was 81.

Dean, a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame, was with his wife Donna at the time of his death, which appears to be from natural causes, said R.J. Clark of the Henrico County Police department.

Jimmy Dean dies

Guest lvdkeyes

When I first looked at the title of this thread I thought, "He died in a car crash way back in the 50's", and then it dawned on me. Too bad we can't find Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage here.

When I first looked at the title of this thread I thought, "He died in a car crash way back in the 50's", and then it dawned on me. Too bad we can't find Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage here.

As someone who used to work in the food industry, I can tell you an interesting story. Jimmy sold that company to Sara Lee in 1984, but continued to draw millions as its spokesman. In 2002 the company said he was to old and quit paying his salary. A member of the board of Sara Lee told me he was really hurt that they did this, but had to keep his mouth shut about it because of contract clauses. RIP Jimmy.