yp11

Any latest bar update

1 hour ago, reader said:

Yes and prices about the same for one-stop flights. I understand at one time it was cheaper.

Yes, many years ago you could use a travel agent in Bangkok, and get very cheap prices. You paid in local currency.  As I recall they were fares where the flight originated in a cheap country, and you tore off the first coupon, in the days when there were paper tickets. Not possible now. I once bought a ticket Lagos/London!Miami/Rio and return. First class, no biz class then, tore off first coupon, and did not use last coupon. Priced in Naira, which was very cheap currency  then!

36 minutes ago, vinapu said:

through website or travel agent ?

Thru United's site.... the trick is to change the country that you are purchasing from, Philippines and Mexico offered the same fare, originating in Manila to Boston r/t, 3400usd rt in Business, whereas if I bought it from the US website, it was over 6500 usd.

So I'd check flights from BKK as if you were buying it in THB

1 hour ago, floridarob said:

Thru United's site.... the trick is to change the country that you are purchasing from, Philippines and Mexico offered the same fare, originating in Manila to Boston r/t, 3400usd rt in Business, whereas if I bought it from the US website, it was over 6500 usd.

So I'd check flights from BKK as if you were buying it in THB

The comments above ring true. In the old days, if you found a cheap fare that originated in somewhere you went to regularly,  then you bought the fare, say, from BKK to London return, and then just kept going, secure in the knowledge  that you could always use the return half.  Tickets  bought in Thailand  were cheap,  don't know if they are now, and if you went there 4 times a year, or more -vinapu- , then this was a way of saving money!

It can also help using a VPN software like ExpressVPN. There you can choose from which country your current IP address will appear. It helped for example when I booked via booking.com via a Thai IP.