zombie

Whats happening with Boyz boyz boyz?

4 hours ago, Marc308 said:

I remember Hugh very well. And yes he was/is? a kind soul. He split from Jim/Gordon and then went to work as a maitre d at Casa Pascal, after that I lost track of him.

He often could be found in the basement of the Ambiance counting purple bills from the last night's take in BBB. He once told me the only money that the BBB/Ambiance complex ever made was from the sale of the drinks in BBB. Everything else was a loss-leader. Interesting.

Wow Marc,

You truly are a wealth of historical information and a breath of fresh air.

I love this kind of gay historical details from the past, as it truly helps to understand what we see, feel, and experience (or are not able to experience) in today's gay Pattaya world.  It is rich in details where the history is quickly evaporating due to the passing of our fellow founders of gay Pattaya from the past. 

These legacies are still vivid as we can sometimes see them in the remaining building facades - which are often covered up by what is new today.

I truly believe that if we can understand our past we can see where we are going.

It would be great if there was a small museum that retained all of this information of Pattaya's gay past - as well as even Bangkok's - especially with the loss of soi Twilight - which for me was just as magical as was the Pattaya Boyztown main walkway where the 9pm BBB parade was.  It was those memories that pushed me to retire in Thailand.

The famous youtuber, Bangkok Pat, sometimes alludes to the former gay past of Bangkok. 

Is there a Bangkok Pat equivalent for Pattaya ?

1 hour ago, macaroni21 said:

All conventions evolve; but not only do they evolve inconsistently, they also vary by regional usage. The US states of Missouri and Mississippi are also named after major rivers, but to the best of my knowledge, they have never had "The" before their names.

and so are countries of Uruguay and Paraguay and I never saw them being described as The Uruguay or The Paraguay. Perhpas English used ' the '  in respect of countries of English speaking domain ?

one thing is sure, English if language full of exceptions , perhaps more than rules

The Chinese tourist trend is apparent in all the bars. I was speaking to a Mamasan that was complaining to me about how they watch the show and leave. Then there are the ones that drive up the prices of the boys. 

I just don't think it's a sustainable model in the long run. With the economy the way its going in China it's probably not going to last for long.

I happened to walk past a massage place. I am not even joking, ALLLLL the boys were on their phones sending texts. They were trying to line up their regular chinese customers. I then saw a gentlemen maybe in his 40s approach one of them. They were not interested in giving him a massage at all. I have never seen that before! I was amazed.

I have my regular contacts from previous years that I just text for hook ups. But I do enjoy a people watching experience in BKK and what im seeing is not positive at the moment.

2 hours ago, davide3311 said:

The Chinese tourist trend is apparent in all the bars. I was speaking to a Mamasan that was complaining to me about how they watch the show and leave. Then there are the ones that drive up the prices of the boys. 

you can't blame boy for going with customer offering him say , 3000 for short time of all we offered was 1500.

On another hand boy quoting 3000 can't blame us if we offer half of that because we know his colleague will go with us for that tip. As I said in another thread, market economy at work.

6 hours ago, davide3311 said:

The Chinese tourist trend is apparent in all the bars. I was speaking to a Mamasan that was complaining to me about how they watch the show and leave.

Exactly my observation too, as I mentioned in the thread Bangkok Trip Report June 2024, page 3. The Chinese girls seldom take the boys, the heterosexual Chinese boys are only in the bars in order to please their girlfriends and anyway wouldn't know what to do with a gogo boy's dick even if they had one in the hand, and as for the gay Chinese men - they see the gogo boys as poor value compared to the massage boys.

6 hours ago, davide3311 said:

I then saw a gentlemen maybe in his 40s approach one of them. They were not interested in giving him a massage at all.

Maybe they all remember (or have heard from one another) that his chap is a poor tipper?

20 hours ago, davide3311 said:

I happened to walk past a massage place. I am not even joking, ALLLLL the boys were on their phones sending texts. They were trying to line up their regular chinese customers.

I understand one can see all boys sending texts but how we can assess what texts and to whom they are sending ?