Guest lvdkeyes

Al and Tipper Gore are separating

Guest fountainhall

Somehow I can't believe that Al Gore falls into the Tiger Woods category of randy males. I wonder, though, if his increasing activities in show biz circles have brought with them some temptations that have been hard to resist.

Guest lvdkeyes

You have made the assumption that an affair was behind the separation. On AOL today there is more about the separation. They say no affair is involved, but rather that they just grew apart and the separation is amicable.

Guest fountainhall

My posts have been largely tongue-in-cheek! I haven't the faintest idea what has caused the break-up, but I do get slightly suspicious when a couple who've been married for 40 years say they just grew apart. Sure, it happens, but . . . As you suggest, let's see if any additional news eventually comes out.

Guest fountainhall

This from CNN today -

Police in Portland, Oregon, say they have reopened their investigation into a massage therapist's allegation that former Vice President Al Gore had "unwanted sexual contact" with her in 2006, a police spokeswoman said Wednesday.

"The Portland Police Bureau has made the decision to reopen the case regarding the allegations brought forward against Mr. Al Gore," Detective Mary Wheat said in a statement issued Wednesday afternoon. "Consistent with our policy regarding open investigations, the Police Bureau will not be commenting on any additional specifics regarding this case at this time."

A renewed investigation "will only benefit Mr. Gore," said Kalee Kreider, a spokeswoman for the former vice president.

"The Gores cannot comment on every defamatory, misleading and inaccurate story generated by tabloids," Kreider said. "Mr. Gore unequivocally and emphatically denied this accusation when he first learned of its existence three years ago. He stands by that denial."

Full article on Portland police reopen therapist's complaint about Gore - CNN.com

As one blogger says: "I wonder what Tipper Gore knew and when did she know it?" In the light of the Gore's separation, I have a feeling there is more to come out about this.