TotallyOz

Rain, Rain, Go Away

While I do enjoy rainy season and it has it benefits to being in Thailand when the masses of tourists are not here, some days I get tired of the rain. How long does this last? When is the special holiday for the end of rainy season?

For those of you that have homes with yards, when do you get time to cut the grass? It always seems to be wet. :)

While I do enjoy rainy season and it has it benefits to being in Thailand when the masses of tourists are not here, some days I get tired of the rain. How long does this last? When is the special holiday for the end of rainy season?

For those of you that have homes with yards, when do you get time to cut the grass? It always seems to be wet. :)

Problems Problems in Paradise.... let it grow until end of November then the rain MIGHT stop.

Problems Problems in Paradise.... let it grow until end of November then the rain MIGHT stop.

I guess you just can't win. Last year we went through a terrible drought. This year there is so much rain that homes and businesses are being destroyed. Last night a torrential rain hit Pattaya yet again. It must be terrible for the people who live in flood areas. No sooner do they begin to get cleaned up from the last major rainfall, a new one strikes.

Last week my BF and I went to the Khao Kheow Open Zoo. On the way you pass by a major reservoir. We went about this time last year too. Last year, because of the drought, the water level was so low you could just about walk across the reservoir. Now the same reservoir is full.

Actually, when it isn't raining, the weather has been quite pleasant. It has cooled off the heat and the humidity hasn't been uncomfortably high.

One serious problem, whether one lives in a flood area or not, is the streets. The rains have left potholes everywhere. If you drive a car or motorcycle you have to drive cautiously to avoid serious damage. Pattaya is not known for repairing these streets quickly, so the pothole problem is something that's going to be here for a while.