Guest fountainhall

Another Jesus Sighting

Guest fountainhall

From the BBC website -

Family see Jesus image in Marmite

It may not be immediately obvious to everyone, but one family are convinced they can see the face of Jesus on the lid of a jar of Marmite. Claire Allen, 36, said she was the first to notice the image on the underside of the lid as she was putting the yeast spread on her son's toast. Her husband Gareth, 37, said he could not believe his eyes when he saw it. "People might think I'm nuts, but I like to think it's Jesus looking out for us."

I obviously fall into the "Oh Ye of Little Faith" category as I know he is nuts!

post-1892-12681489811705_thumb.jpg

He can't stop pestilence, famine, natural disasters that take thousands of lives, murder, poverty, misery, child abuse, torture, wars, etc, but he can sure make obscure appearances on walls, potato chips, shrouds, and inside the lid of a jar of marmite.

What's not to believe . . . ?

He can't stop pestilence, famine, natural disasters that take thousands of lives, murder, poverty, misery, child abuse, torture, wars, etc, but he can sure make obscure appearances on walls, potato chips, shrouds, and inside the lid of a jar of marmite.

What's not to believe . . . ?

No matter what you say GB, Jesus loves you!

post-9743-12685174945852_thumb.jpg

No matter what you say GB, Jesus loves you!

Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man who lives in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you.

- George Carlin

Guest fountainhall

Another 'sighting' for GB. According to the BBC website -

The Vatican has announced a commission to investigate claims that the Virgin Mary appears on a daily basis in a town in Bosnia-Hercegovina.

For almost 30 years, the Virgin Mary has been said to appear daily in Medjugorje, dressed sometimes in a grey dress and veil and sometimes in gold, crowned with stars and floating on a cloud. It is said she speaks in Croatian, uttering the words: "I've come because there are many true believers here. I wish to be with you to convert and reconcile the whole world." It is also said that three flashes of light precede her apparitions.

Around 30 million are estimated to have visited since the first sighting of what they call "Our Lady".

Hhhhhhhmmm! I wonder if this is one way to revive the Thai tourist industry.

Guest Soi10Tom

I think Elton John had it right; Jesus was a gay man.

Take a linear minute and look at the facts as laid out in the books of the New Testament. Each of the authors had a slightly different perspective based on his closeness to Jesus, or his relationship with the other guys: so we 12 unmarried guys in a time when ALL men were married early and they all run off together. Now let's look at the inter workings of this group of unmarried Mary men; only one, John, was allowed to rest his head on the bosom of Jesus. One became jealous and it a fit of rage turned Jesus in; that would be Judas. AND to top the whole show off we have the ultimate fag hag, Mary Magdalen, who had fallen in love with a gay man that she could never touch but she would claw the eyes out of anyone that got to close....bet you have heard this fag hag story before..maybe even lived it(<:))..., Does all of this sound a little to close to the reality that so many of us have lived???

So obviously Jesus was a gay guy....makes sense to me...Right On Elton

So obviously Jesus was a gay guy....makes sense to me.

Since both Jesus and Mary put in appearances every once in a while on the insides of jar lids, on vague images on walls, and even on potato chips, my question is how come, after 2000 years, they've never changed their wardrobe . . . ?

I think Elton John had it right; Jesus was a gay man.

so we 12 unmarried guys in a time when ALL men were married early and they all run off together.

Peter the apostle was a married man, at least he had a mother in law. It is unknown if any of the others were married or unmarried.

Guest fountainhall

I believe I am correct in saying the New Testament gospels were actually written some considerable time after the events they describe. Further, it was not till 300 years or so later that those attending the Council of Nicea took it upon themselves to decide precisely what the gospels were saying. It is also believed (and this is not a Dan Brown fiction) that a good deal was left out. We now know, for example, there was a gospel according to Judas, of which fragments remain to this day. So the Bible, unlike the Koran, seems to me more a collective work of a considerable number and variety of individuals. How therefore can the 'truth' behind what is described be anything other then slightly suspect?

Guest Soi10Tom

the 'truth' behind what is described be anything other then slightly suspect?

The Council of Nicea took a good shot at cleaning up contradictions and eliminating inconvenient truths.

As a student of history I have always found the details interesting, but it is much to easy to become lost in detail or side tracked into a dead end alley.

I always try to keep my eye on the BIG picture. To me the big picture relatively consistant; a bunch of guys where so in love with someone that they ran off with him and his gang buddies. Only one was allowed to "rest his head"...which to my mind says "sleep with" the leader of the gang of twelve. The collective story is of a "fag hag" that goes the distance for the guy she loves and is never allowed to touch him. And ends in the jealous rage of the one.....Judas.

Shakespeare couldn't have done it better.....