Bingo T Dog

It's Official: Log Cabin Republicans Should be DEPORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, lookin said:

Personally, I've never cosied up to a Log Cabin Republican, but if someone is gay and also buys into a politically conservative worldview I imagine it's good to have a group who shares the same views.  I wouldn't make it illegal, that's for sure, and I'd do my best not to be judgmental unless I felt that I was being judged for being a gay liberal.

I might think they're naive or perhaps misinformed in some ways, but I expect they'd think the same of me.  So I'd willingly enter into a debate and see where we come out.

Trixie-and-Katya-scaled.jpg

But, just like the mainstream Republican party has been infested by the Trump lunacy, the Log Cabin Republicans probably have too.  And I doubt it's easy.  To be a Mar-a-Lago Cabin Republican, I'd have to be attracted to guys, long for life pre-Stonewall, and pretend that Donald Trump should be America's boss and the leader of the free world.  It would be a heavy lift.  unsure.gif

I think the hardest part would be finding some orange lip gloss so I didn't leave any prints on his ass. 💋

Not everyone can afford a double life

• Members

Other than for their "Rich bitch" tax breaks,  I cant see how they think Trump and the GOP will help them in any way, especially since they think homophobia and lgbtq oppression doesnt affect them in their HUGE custom closets ?    They should be called "The Gays who HATE Gays"...... You hear me, Peter Thiel ????

• Members
16 hours ago, Pete1111 said:

Like the former Broward LCR president that couldn't make rent, or Miss George Santos for that matter,

maybe a lot of their world is made up inside of their sad, twisted heads, just like King Baby.

Donald Trump embodies every one of the Seven Deadly Sins

Miss Santos is currently accepting "quotes" from decorators to design her Prison cell.    The one with the biggest "cock"  gets the job ! 

• Members
4 hours ago, Suckrates said:

Other than for their "Rich bitch" tax breaks,  I cant see how they think Trump and the GOP will help them in any way, especially since they think homophobia and lgbtq oppression doesnt affect them in their HUGE custom closets ?    They should be called "The Gays who HATE Gays"...... You hear me, Peter Thiel ????

Peter Thiel does not believe that diversity is an advantage, rather he is against policies to promote it.  He needs to open his eyes and see evidence all around us.  Corporations know diverse teams are an imperative.  But Theil is from a different world. 

He appears ready to move on from Democracy and from the protections provided to everyone.   Billionaires don't give a 💩

It is baffling he had opposed marriage equality even though he has a husband and kids.  Yeah, he sounds like the LCR ilk, missing the safety of their closet, or at least longing for elements of that lifestyle and secrecy for some weird reason.

• Members

Lots of great comments.   

Yes, there is a toxic cauldron of hatred and bigotry against any part of L-G-B-T-Q that boils up from MAGA-land.  Many of them will say, sincerely, that it is just the extremes that they don't like.  Like don't chop off my son's dick or make my daughter compete in a sport with a woman who I think is a man, even if she doesn't.  Leaving those aside, it is simply still the case that they are barely on our side - maybe, on a good day - on same sex marriage.

A 2024 Gallup poll found that 69% of Americans (83% of Democrats, 74% of independents and 46% of Republicans) supported same-sex marriage, while 29% opposed it.[20]

(Math note to self:  46 % is NOT a majority.)

So even though  they make a point to go after what they view as the most vulnerable members of our community on the most extreme issues because they can assemble a narrow majority (English note to self: the word for that is bullying) they are still on the losing end of history.

I'll hold up one LOSER and offer one of my favorite quotes ever, which I love to repeat. To put it in context, Jeb Bush said this in 2015 about his opposition to same sex marriage:

“What’s interesting is that four years ago Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton had the same view that I just expressed to you. It’s thousands of years of culture and history is just being changed at warp speed. It’s hard to fathom why it is this way,” Bush said.

What I love about what loser Jeb! said is that everything in that statement is exactly correct.  And it amounts to a proclamation of surrender.  We won.  They lost.  My community pulled off one of the epic freedom struggles of all time.  Precisely because it did involve changing thousands of years of culture and history at warp speed.  And these poor close minded losers truly can not fathom why it is that way. 

Note that, in Jeb's case at least, I did not say bigoted.  Maybe he is that, maybe not.  My view is the reason we won and they lost is we counted on the willingness of MOST people to open their minds and hearts.  And they did.

There is something to be said for the closeted conservative, sometimes.  The best example to me is outside the United States:  Leo Varadkar, who served as Ireland's Gay Prime Minister until last year.  He was described by some as "conservative" or even "radical right".  He described himself as "centre-right".  When he was first elected as a low level public official he opposed same sex marriage.  Then it gradually turned into a phenomenal global grand slam.  First base:  he came out as Gay.  Second base:  he was a leader in the successful national effort to enshrine same sex marriage as a fundamental right.  Third base:  he was elected Prime Minister.  Fourth base:  this all happened in one of the most Catholic of countries, steeped in Jeb's thousands of years of culture and history and religion.

Of course, the key thing about Varadkar is that he held his fire, and acted when the time was right. 

A few years ago when I was on a hike with a friend named Thalia, and we were talking about our involvement in the same sex marriage fight, she was talking about organizing in Ireland.  I asked her, "Isn't the Prime Minister of Ireland Gay?"  Her answer was, "Yeah.  And I recruited him."  Thalia is modest, so I suspect she was not bragging.  She worked for Freedom To Marry and was basically imported to Ireland after she was one of an army that nailed down the American win.  And I know how we won.  Standing by our principles meant we lost, and then we lost, and then we lost, and then we lost, and then we lost, and then we lost.  But we were relentless, believing that if we kept at it - with principles - we would win.  Varadkar is living proof of that!

bill_white_bryan_eure_donald-trump.jpg

That's the part of the OP's article I found most interesting.

Former Democrats Bill White and Bryan Eure switched parties to become Trump fundraisers.

I have never heard of these Trumpy hubbies before.  But you don't have to be a genius to figure this one out.

Eure rejected suggestions Trump’s pulled back LGBTQ rights, saying: “I don’t like identity politics. ”White told the NYT that he was at Hillary Clinton‘s event at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center on election night. When her loss became clear, he left and went to the New York Hilton to support Trump

In response, Nick Merrill, a spokesperson for Clinton, told the NYT that Trump is “racist, he has no respect for women [and] no respect for minorities or any community, including the LGBT community.”

“Some people give their time and resources to causes and candidates for the right reasons; some don’t,” he said. “No better indication of which case this is than to watch a guy decide to embrace Trump and all he stands for because he couldn’t get his picture taken one night.”

Let's give our trendy and Trumpy Gay twosome the benefit of the doubt and say it was about something bigger than getting their picture taken.  They are still small.  Very small.  Tiny.  You can measure them in inches.  At least they have that in common with Trump.  😲

They are for money over movements.  And power (or at least access to it) over principles and people.  I know they ended up being unprincipled losers in 2020.  I think they will now end up being unprincipled losers again.

Poor rich Gay things!

By comparison, I respect the Log Cabin Republicans.  Even though history is not on their side, at least they stand for something.  Weakly.  Or is it more appropriate to say that, while not small, they are limp? 😉

• Members
On 8/18/2024 at 1:29 PM, lookin said:

Apparently Melania's Mar-a-Lago speech to the Log Cabin Republicans cost them $237,500.  

Personally, I've never heard her say anything that I'd pay to hear.  I could see forking over a couple grand to go hear Dolley Madison speak but, when it comes to the Trumps, I'm more of a 'silence-is-golden' kind of guy.  rolleyes.gif

On this one, @lookin, I am simply going to have to disagree.

At least Melania will stand up for principles.  Like, "Be best!"