Guest taylorsquare

Barebacking,is there a problem?

Guest taylorsquare

I wonder how many of you prefer to bareback?

I remember talking about thi to a man in Pattaya a few months ago that i met in a bar.

He was a retired judge/magistrate from the UK.

He told me he preferred to receive it without a condom.He was a bottom.

I have tried it both ways many years ago and obviously the "feeling/intensity" are far different than if the giver is wearing a condom.

As we talked ,he told me that 9 times out of 10 the giver pulled out before cumming.

As he was a retired magistrate,he went on probality regarding HIV transmission.

Apparently he would mee taxi drivers in Bangkok,etc ,meeting guys away from the bar scence lowering the "probality".

He obviously wasnt poor and told me offered his guys good money to f... him.

Now we spoke of the hysteria surrounding HIV .

aND NO GUARANTEE you can get it anyway.

The question is,as you get older to you prefer to have sex without a condom.

The pleasure is different.

Do you prefer to have sex only with condom,what about giving it?

I would prefer obviously no condom.

However there is too much "fear" there for me afterwards,worrying about what might happen etc,even IF I did cut the "probality" down for my sex partners.

Guest fountainhall

This is a really important topic and I hope it gets a lot of replies. Anyone living here or visiting Thailand has to be aware of at least two facts -

1. The proportion of HIV-positive men who have sex with other men is amongst the highest in the world. I have seen a figure in excess of 30%, but am not sure if that relates only to Bangkok or to the country as a whole. Whichever, this statistic should ring loud alarm bells.

2. Flip through any of the free gay magazines and you realise that, in recent years, the number of saunas in Bangkok catering exclusively to young Thais (late teens and 20s) has mushroomed (not sure about other parts of the country). As one who has given up saunas, I have to rely on second hand information from people I trust. They claim that none of these has any safe sex warnings, condoms are not available (unlike in Babylon) and that barebacking is the norm.

I am old enough to remember the days pre HIV when we all barebacked - and I loved it. I agree with taylorsquare that using a condom produces a 'different' feel - even with the latest, and expensive, gossamer thin ones from Japan. I would like to go back to doing without. But zzrichard is right. It's not just HIV we have to worry about. It's the whole gamut of other STDs. Additionally, there is no guarantee that being a top means you can not get infected with HIV. Your chances are a lot less, but you are still in a crap shoot (pun intended!). Personally, I don't like the odds.

Another worrying trend (at least to me) is the rise in popularity of what I believe is termed 'boykakke' - after the Japanese movies. In these, in addition to barebacking, several guys come onto another's face and into his mouth. Just thinking of the mix of germs the receiver gets from various apertures puts me right off. Apparently, for many it doesn't.

Guest taylorsquare

Can I ask why you gave the saunas away?

Well.I suppose we all should do safe sex ,however according to the judge his "probality" is way down of whose services he seeks.

I really wonder how many you bareback .

Guest fountainhall

Can I ask why you gave the saunas away?

Having a boyfriend is one reason. But generally I find as I get older (and older!) I have less desire for that kind of anonymous sex. Mind you, I used to love going to Chakran in Soi Aree in the years after it opened, lounging with a drink by the pool and just watching the parade of gorgeous Thai boys going back and forth :p

Guest xiandarkthorne

I caught balanitis from barebacking when I was younger. I am exclusively a top and I had to get circumcised to treat the condition. It's not worth running the risk of catching something whether you are a top or a bottom.

I was lucky. I could have caught something worse. I shall never bareback again. Nor would I advise anyone to do it.

Guest lvdkeyes

HIV, although more talked about, is not the only STD to be concerned about. There is a long list of STD's; Trich, Clap, syphilis, Hep A, Hep B, Chlamydia etc.

"Barebacking, is there a problem?"

No, no problem and I take it that this is a rhetorical question? Absent an absolutely certain monogomous relationship where you're absolutely certain of your partner's disease status, one would have to be an idiot to bareback in this day and age.

Guest fountainhall

one would have to be an idiot to bareback in this day and age

Yet how do we get this across to the legions of younger Thais who are becoming aware of their sexuality? I've been told before that it's none of my business. For those of us who live here and plan to spend the rest of our days here, surely it is.

Yet how do we get this across to the legions of younger Thais who are becoming aware of their sexuality? I've been told before that it's none of my business. For those of us who live here and plan to spend the rest of our days here, surely it is.

I'm not sure that I'm in any position to do that. Other than my regular bf (9 years this month), I usually am not discussing sexual practices with other Thais that I know. Then again, I don't think I ever discussed the topic with my nephews and neices either (perhaps not my role).

With respect to the barboys, it would seem to me that only the bar owners might be in a position to possibly affect some behavior in that arena. But I'm not sure that we falang can encourage those discussions to happen unless we know the particular bar owner fairly well.