Guest GaySacGuy

Health Care...Maybe

Guest GaySacGuy

Since my address in the US is now in Nevada and I gave a small contribution to the Obama campaign, I am on Harry Reid's mailing list, and received this sent at 10 pm Monday evening:

Health Insurance Reform Update

To:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Richard:

After many hours of productive negotiations, today I sent a completed health insurance reform bill, with a public option, to the Congressional Budget Office to be reviewed. The CBO will report back soon, and we'll move to the next step in this process. I want to thank Senator Baucus, Senator Dodd, and the President's team for all their hard work. I'm convinced we sent a good bill along today.

I'm more committed than ever to fixing our broken health insurance system. Some will say the finish line is in sight - they are wrong. We've still got a long way to go. You, your friends, and your family need to know that making your voice heard loud and clear in this debate is more important than ever before.

Health insurance companies and special interest organizations are gearing up to make their final push to derail our efforts. We must keep the pressure on! This isn't over until I'm standing with President Obama and he's signing a bill into law that delivers what Nevadans are demanding - real health insurance reform.

It's time to level the playing field in the health insurance marketplace and stop lining the pockets of corporations that put profits before people. I've said for some time now that the best way to do this is with a public option, and that's why it's in the bill I just sent to the CBO.

I'm convinced that If we work together, we'll get this done. Tonight we're working on ideas for mobilizing and organizing support for the bill I sent along today, I'll let you know when we're ready to roll - it won't be long. There's no time to waste.

Thanks so much for your support,

Best,

Harry

This email was sent to:

Paid for by Friends For Harry Reid

As a long time liberal and suporter of Obama, I hope that you take this with a grain of salt. I am very unhappy with Senator Reid, Pelosi, and Obama over the whole health care issue. I have not seen any real leadership on this issue from any of them. There is no way in hell that this bill should have taken so long to get drafted and be so long and involved. 1500 pages of compromises is the best the democrats can do? Why the hell did we elect these people if it was not to lead?