Guest takesall

Is it a coup or a State of Emergency?

Guest takesall

So is it a miliitary coup gone wrong and Thaksin is still in charge or is it a militrary coup gone right and Taksin is now exiled?

For more on this topic watch international news.

So is it a miliitary coup gone wrong and Thaksin is still in charge or is it a militrary coup gone right and Taksin is now exiled?

For more on this topic watch international news.

IN Thailand all news UBC BBC and CNN closed down as are local TV

midnight Tuesday

It's a coup and brought to you by the likes of the Army Chief of Staff Sondhi and a few of his buddies.

In spite of the fact I dislike Shinawatra, I don't agree with ignoring the rule of law to get rid of him.

What's sad to me is that Thailand cannot pretend to be a modern state and then behave like a backwater, banana, republic. I just hope that the actions that are on-going don't lead to bloodshed and that the effects of what's occurring doesn't come to rest on the shoulders of the average Thai citizen.

And the coup leaders hopefully understand that, in this modern era of communication, they will never be able to hide from the world what happens here. I pray to god (and buddha) that a few thousand university students or peasant supporters of Shinawatra or other groups don't choose to try to demonstrate (as occurred before in1972, 1976, and 1992) as the world will get an accurate body count this time.

Come on generals, you suck just like so many of the corrupt and power-seeking politicians you are "saving" the thai populace from and your "doing it for the king" is neither palatable nor likely accurate. Without the biggest guns today, you would have no success. But you certainly do reinforce the idea that somebody can take over a government if they happen to have the biggest guns that day (however, it might be wise to sleep with one eye open as your teaching everyone else that it's okay to behave that way). Tomorrow, somebody else will have the biggest guns.