Guest taylorsquare

Movie

Guest taylorsquare

Well,watched a new movie out the other day,a 1975 remake.

The taking of Pelham one two three.

I saw the 1975 movie which has has detective Goren from the TV show Law and Order in it.

Anyway its about a New York subway train that gets held for ransom.

Thinking its the same movie as the 1975 version,only with different actors,i rush to watch it,only ends in disapointment.

Far fetched choreography,car chases etc,its no where near as good as its original.

I would give it 3 out of 10.

Mind you im hard to please,i wa disapointed with Clint Eastwoods,Grand Torino movie too,especially the ending.

I would give it 3 out of 10.

You're far more generous than I. I wouldn't even give it that much. They took an excellent movie and absolutely ruined it with one of the worst remakes I've ever seen. The original was so good and so much fun to watch. The remake is just terrible. The plot is ridiculous and there are no memorable characters. Even Denzel Washington and John Travolta couldn't save it. The movie started off quite well, I thought, but quickly turned into a disappointment.

On the other hand, the original starred Walter Matthau, Robert Shaw, Martin Balsam, Jerry Stiller, and Hector Elizondo, along with perfect characters in their various roles. That combination is awfully hard to beat. That's the one to watch, if you can find it. I'm lucky. I have the DVD. If you've never seen it, find it and watch it. Without spoiling it for anyone who has never seen it, I think the final few seconds of the movie includes one of the most memorable moments in movie history.

But this remake gets a major 'thumbs down' and a 'forget it' from me, that's for sure!

Guest fountainhall
But this remake gets a major 'thumbs down' and a 'forget it' from me

Isn't this true of almost all movie remakes? 'The Thomas Crown Affair', 'The Ladykillers', 'Alfie', 'The Manchurian Candidate', 'The Pink Panther', 'The Day of the Jackal' - these are just some of the movies recently shown on one or other TV channel. All the updating and special effects have rendered them largely travesties of the original versions.

Guest Astrrro

I liked the original.

I like the remake.

Powerful performance by Travolta and an outstanding albeit understated performance by Denzel.

The Number 6 train does not go to Brooklyn, but what the hell it's the movies.

Two thumbs up from me and the teerak. :D:D