Guest lvdkeyes

New movie

Guest lvdkeyes

We went to see Inglorious Basterds tonight. (Why did they misspell the title?) This is a movie well worth seeing, although not historically correct, it was well done. I don't want to say too much to spoil it.

Why did they misspell the title?

I found the following on a web site about the film:

"When asked about the misspelled title, director Quentin Tarantino gave the following answer: 'Here's the thing. I'm never going to explain that. You do an artistic flourish like that, and to explain it would just take the piss out of it and invalidate the whole stroke in the first place.'"

Well, ya gotta admit that Tarantino is a bit strange in the first place. Saw him on one of the late night shows last night (he's making the rounds to plug the movie) and he's somewhat fascinating to watch. Difficult to tell if he's going to be funny, inciteful, or if his head is going to explode.

Guest lvdkeyes

I'd be interested to hear what others who have seen the movie thought.

I went with my bf who liked it and another Thai who didn't. The one who didn't like it had no prior knowledge of Hitler, so I can understand why he didn't like it.

Guest Astrrro

This is an outstanding movie. Movie of the year for me. B)

And the guy who plays the main Nazi deserves a Best Supporting Actor Oscar.

Two thumbs up from me and my teerak. (I was worried cause I thought it'd be boring for Thais)

:D:D