Guest lvdkeyes

New restaurant

Guest lvdkeyes

There is a new restaurant (24 Hour Diner) called Sundog. It is above the News Cafe. A few friends went there for ice cream a couple of weeks ago. The price on the menu for an ice cream sundae was 115 baht. The sundaes were large and the ice cream was good, but when the bill arrived we were charged 170 baht each. When I told the waitress the price on the menu said 115 baht, she said, "Sir, it is very big". I showed her the menu and refused to pay 170 when the menu clearly said 115. An American guy who I think was the owner was there and didn't say a word to me. Since they had just opened I gave them the benefit of the doubt and my bf and I went there to eat the other night. The menu was changed. Now ice cream is 60 baht per scoop. Spaghetti is 290 baht. All of the prices were exceptionally high. We left without eating. If a business is going to operate this way, they won't be operating long.

Guest lvdkeyes

I'm very disappointed to know that. I was planning to give it a try soon, but if they try to charge more than the menu states and if the food is overpriced to begin with, I can think of plenty of other places to eat.

I certainly will not go back.

Guest taylorsquare

There is quite a lot of posts on Thaivisa.com about this place.

Apparently a poster ordered a burger and fries and you get six french fries !

I meant to try this place when I was in Pattaya last month but forgot.

Reminds me of the restaurant at the former Day-Night Flamingo, whose servings were getting smaller every time I went, where once I was served three green beans in a bean salad.

One cafe I really like, and cheap too, is that place on the corner. I don't know the name, but it's in Day-Night, an open cafe near Mosaik,run by an Indian farang and his wife. Certainly my favourite low budget cafe.

One cafe I really like, and cheap too, is that place on the corner.

I believe you are talking about the Salt and Pepper. I agree it is very inexpensive and the food is not bad at all either.. They have both farang and Thai food The owner is called Mr. Z. He , his wife and daughter run the cafe and it has been there for years and years. He must be doing something right. By the way, he isn't Indian.

john

Guest taylorsquare

Not sure if its called Salt and Pepper?

Isnt there a shophouse just near there,with that name or am i thinking of something else?

I know the ,sorry I thought he was indian,but he s very polite and a good waiter.

I think they must own the premises?

There is a french restaurant just opposite this one in Day Night,on the corner in the Mosaik apartment complex.

Has anyone tried it?

I never really see anyone in there.

I saw the old O Briens (closed)opposite corner.

Yes, the one you are thinking about is Salt and Pepper.. There was a single shop house on the side street that was also named Salt and Pepper.. It is now closed. Mr. Z bought his building about 20 yrs ago.

john