Guest lvdkeyes

Palin strikes again!!!

Guest lvdkeyes

In and ABC News interview:

......"Palin went on to say that that those kinds of ethics accusations wouldn't be such an issue if she were president because of the White House "Department of Law."

"I think on a national level, your department of law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out," she said.

The only problem? It doesn't exist. As ThinkProgress points out, the state of Alaska does have a Department of Law, but there's no such agency on the national level. Of course, if she were president she could institute one. But that still leaves the question of why she thinks such an agency would be effective in the White House if it didn't work for her at the state level."

Guest fountainhall

Will she never go away????????

This from today's Guardian newspaper in London about Levi Johnston's allegations in the latest Vanity Fair magazine

Sarah Palin wanted to keep her teenage daughter's pregnancy a secret and adopt her baby, the child's father Levi Johnston alleged today - the latest in a series of spats between the 19-year-old former hockey star and the erstwhile vice presidential candidate.

Palin, who may have hoped her resignation as governor of Alaska would draw a line under the personal soap opera that marred her campaign for the vice-presidency, is accused by Johnston of "nagging" him and her then 17-year-old daughter Bristol, whom he dated for two and a half years, to give their baby up to her for adoption.

"Sarah told me she had a great idea: we would keep it a secret - nobody would know that Bristol was pregnant," he told Vanity Fair magazine.

"She told me that once Bristol had the baby she and Todd would adopt him. That way, she said, Bristol and I didn't have to worry about anything. Sarah kept mentioning this plan. She was nagging - she wouldn't give up. She would say: 'So, are you gonna let me adopt him?'"

"We both kept telling her we were definitely not going to let her adopt the baby. I think Sarah wanted to make Bristol look good, and she didn't want people to know that her 17-year-old daughter was going to have a kid."

In the interview, which will be published in full in the October edition of Vanity Fair, Johnston also alleges that after her failed bid for the vice-presidency, Palin - who has signed a lucrative deal with HarperCollins to write a memoir - quickly decided to abandon her governorship to cash in on her newfound fame.

"Sarah was sad for a while. She walked around the house pouting. I had assumed she was going to go back to her job as governor, but a week or two after she got back she started talking about how nice it would be to quit and write a book or do a show and make 'triple the money'," Johnston said.

"She would blatantly say: 'I want to just take this money and quit being governor.' She started to say it frequently, but she didn't know how to do it. When she came home from work, it seemed like she was more and more stressed out."

Palin's image as a "purportedly loving mother, devoted wife, and prolific hunter" is also challenged by her daughter's former fiance. "The Palin house was much different from what many people expect of a normal family, even before she was nominated for vice president," he said.

"There wasn't much parenting in that house. Sarah doesn't cook, Todd doesn't cook - the kids would do it all themselves: cook, clean, do the laundry, and get ready for school. Most of the time Bristol would help her youngest sister with her homework, and I'd barbecue chicken or steak on the grill."