Gaybutton

THE NATION - Seems strange to me

Those of you who regularly check THE NATION newspaper's web site may have noticed that lately there is a video that starts automatically playing, apparently some sort of commentary, entirely in Thai. Given that THE NATION is an entirely English language newspaper, does it strike you as a little on the odd side that they would be broadcasting a video in Thai?

Considering that the vast majority of people who visit the site are probably native English speakers who don't speak Thai, who is the video for?

Guest fountainhall
I don't get (receive) any of that when I log onto the Nation's website . . . The url I go to is: Nation

That does have the VDO (middle right of the screen). It clearly says it is an advertisement.

I may be wrong but I think The Nation is part of a much larger Nation group, with the other publications being in Thai. If that's the case, the video may be on all the Nation Group sites. Mere speculation on my part!

That does have the VDO (middle right of the screen). It clearly says it is an advertisement.

I'm not talking about pop-ups and I'm not talking about ads. My eyes work too. I'm talking about the guy making the commentary. You don't see him?

In any case, my question still is unanswered. Why would someone be publishing a video commentary in Thai on a web site done in English. To me that would be the same as going to the CNN web site and a video commentary starts playing in Chinese. Same thing.

Come to think of it, why would the ads be in Thai on an English language news web site?