Guest fountainhall

The 'Trocks' are returning to Bangkok

Guest fountainhall

Saw in the Bangkok Post today that Les Ballets Trocadero de Monte Carlo (commonly known as 'The Trocks') will be returning to Bangkok for 2 performances on Friday 16 and Saturday 17 October. For those who have not seen them, they have nothing to do with Monte Carlo. They are mostly Americans based in New York. But the all-male ensemble are all top-notch ballet dancers who take the mickey out of the great classics. Their programmes offer wonderful entertainment.

Performances are at the Thailand Cultural Centre at 7:30 pm. Tickets from around Bt. 1,000 to Bt. 2,500 go on sale at Thaiticketmajor from Wednesday 1st July. Believe me, they'll sell out fast!

Also noticed that an amazing contemporary dance company - Cloudgate from Taipei - will be performing in the same venue on Tuesday 22 and Wednesday 23 September. This is a stunning company that has enthralled audiences worldwide. The dancers are all beautiful, especially the men! If you go, take your binoculars (as I assume few readers have opera glasses :lol: )! Tickets are the same price and from the same agency.

Guest lvdkeyes
Saw in the Bangkok Post today that Les Ballets Trocadero de Monte Carlo.

I have seen them several times and thoroughly enjoyed them every time. The Dying Swan sequence is is pants-wetting funny. I will be sure to get tickets. Thank you for posting this.

Guest fountainhall

I was at the Trocks this evening and they were wonderful - as usual. Great artistry and very, very funny. The surprise was that it was not sold out. I reckon in the stalls area there were at least 200 empty seats. So if anyone has been thinking of going to tomorrow evening's show (Saturday) but been put off because they reckoned it would be sold out, try ThaiTicketmaster's website to see if there are tickets available.

Guest lvdkeyes

On Saturday we ventured to BKK to see Ballets de Trockadero de Monte Carlo at the Thailand Cultural Center. What a show! I have seen them twice before in the US. I wasn't quite sure if my BF was going to like it. He was mesmerized! The audience really got into it. The main floor looked sold out, maybe a seat here or there. If you get a chance to see them anytime, don't pass it up. For those who are not familiar with them, they a troupe of 17 male ballet dancers who dance both male and female roles. Some is comical, but the dancing is superb. Yes, men can dance "en pointe".