TotallyOz

Michael Jackson has died

Guest lvdkeyes

He was a great talent, undoubtedly. But having died doesn't change the facts. "Only in America can a poor black boy grow up to be a rich white woman." He was weird and a pedophile.

Guest fountainhall

As Larry King said this morning, he was one of the three great American entertainment icons of the 20th century alongside Presley and Sinatra. GT is spot-on in saying Jackson "helped make MTV and change the course of the music industry." That he was a weird personality is also true. But whether he was a pedophile in the sense we consider that term on this Board, the jury surely has to be out.

The promoter of his 50 upcoming sell-out concerts in a huge arena in London must be in a dreadful state as it's unlikely he was able to cover all of the masive risk through investors and insurances. 700,000 tickets were sold and all these have to be refunded. Look for some bankruptcies!

Guest lvdkeyes
"As an actor, nobody could touch him. As a human being, nobody wanted to touch him."

- Walter Matthau, 'The Sunshine Boys'

Do you have a catalog of these things in your head or in a file?

Guest lvdkeyes
All in my head. I don't have a clue why I know and remember these things, since I can't remember much of anything else, but there it is . . .

Savant????

Guest lvdkeyes

"TMZ is reporting that a Jackson family members have confirmed that Michael received a shot of Demerol just before Noon on Thursday, and that the dosage was "too much." They say Jackson typically recieved a shot of Demerol daily."

They say Jackson typically recieved a shot of Demerol daily."

What's wrong with getting a shot of demerol daily? :) Doesn't everyone do that?

They say Jackson typically recieved a shot of Demerol daily."

What's wrong with getting a shot of demerol daily? :) Doesn't everyone do that?

Now I will never be able to see Michael and Justin Timberlake together. That would have been something to see.

I had tickets to see him and was very excited about flying into London for the concert. I had planned the trip for this reason only and have made all arrangements. I bought scalper tickets and don't think the "extra" I paid will ever get refunded to me. I doubt any will come back my way.

I had seen Michael in NYC when he did a Jackson reunion tour. He was great and I was thrilled to see him on stage. I grew up with the Jackson's and loved the music. For me, this is a sad loss.

Guest thaiworthy

There was a great deal of money made when Michael Jackson was alive. There will be great deal of money made after his death. His name will be highly commercialized and his likeness immortalized much in the same way as Elvis Presley.

The King of Pop meets the King of Rock. Both different people, but both icons in worldwide culture.

Michael Jackson LIVES!

Guest laurence
Michael Jackson LIVES!

Every night in Sunee Plaza, Elvis lives, I see him with a new color/costume! Soon in Sunee, it will be Jacko.

Guest fountainhall

I watched part of the Memorial Concert this morning with mixed feelings. I was more intrigued - but not surprised - by some of the comments made by Anderson Cooper in his later programme. It seems one of those at the autopsy has leaked information that Jacko's skin was pure alabaster white, that he was totally bald, and the veins in his arms had collapsed. We will no doubt hear more.

Guest GaySacGuy

Let's see...because he was talented we should worship him and honor his music....but what about the fact that he was a pervert, a pedophile (by anyone's definition...13 was "too old" for hiim) and did some really creepy things....but let's forget all that....NO WAY

Guest lvdkeyes
Let's see...because he was talented we should worship him and honor his music....but what about the fact that he was a pervert, a pedophile (by anyone's definition...13 was "too old" for hiim) and did some really creepy things....but let's forget all that....NO WAY

I completely agree with you.

Guest fountainhall

Don't ya love it? The soap opera unfolds and the spin masters are already hard at work before the toxicology reports come back with what most imagine will be damning evidence. This from the BBC -

Michael Jackson's sister Latoya has told Sunday newspapers she believes the singer was "murdered" for his money, claiming money and jewels have since gone missing. She told UK newspaper, the News of the World: "We don't think just one person was involved in the murder. It was a conspiracy to get Michael's money." Michael Jackson's father Joe Jackson has also said he suspects "foul play" in the death of his pop star son.