Guest taylorsquare

flu vaccinated

Guest taylorsquare

I dont know how many of you get flu vaccinated every year,but i receive the flu vaccination jab several months before my visit to Thailand.

Three weeks after being jabbed with the so called vaccine,I now have the caught the flu anyway.

My bones ache and are tired type feeling with runny nose and a cough that wont go away.

I honestly wonder if i should ask my Doctor for a refund.

They say the dirtiest place is the mouth,not that i do deep kissing but i prefer to take precautions,so being flu vaccinated is something i do yearly same as hep b and hep a.

I am worried about the swine flu,but vaccination seems to be a waste of money.

Guest GaySacGuy

If you were vaccinated in the US, and caught the flu in Thailand, that is no suprise. I am sure there are strains here that the US doesn't vaccinate for..at least that is the way it was explained to me.

Guest lvdkeyes

That's correct. There are different strains of flu and unless you were vaccinated against the strain you caught, it wouldn't do anything.

Guest taylorsquare

WEll,i think it cured me,had half a bottle of rum and hot milk before i went to bed,apart from sweating a lot even though it was cold,I cant remember much of last night,but i feel much better.

Maybe theres something in that disgusting taste of rum?

Guest lvdkeyes
Oh, it will "cure" cirrhosis too...but the outcome you probably won't like....Dead!

Good try, but even after you die the cirrhosis will be there.

Guest shebavon

The flu vaccine is only a preventative. If you are vaccinated and still get the flu it was supposed to prevent against, by having some immunities, it is said to minimize the symptoms and severity.

At least that is how my Doc explained it to me.

Guest taylorsquare

Shebavon,thats what I heard too,but i really believed that rum in hot milk must do something to kill viruses because im feeling much better this fine Monday morning.

My Doc probaly would have said the same as yours,less severity with the vaccination.

I dont know how many guy on here are into kissing barboys but apparently the dirtiest place in the body is the mouth where you can catch flu viruses.

To be honest I am into kissing barboys that i take off,so apart from using mouthwashes and having flu vaccinations and possibly drinking rum on the odd occassion there is little else to do for prevention.

Even though i admit this swine flu has me scared of kissing mouth to mouth on my next visit.

I wonder if it would be any benefit to get a second flu vaccination?

Funnily enough my flatmates,both young korean students,say that they are actually "giving" you the flu with the vacs.

So,maybe even though it was over 3 weeks since my vaccination jab,i actually got it from that,who knows? Who probaly cares? Why worry? Life goes on.

Would I reccomend the flu vac ,?probaly not unless you are person who has a low immune system.

Guest lvdkeyes

Funnily enough my flatmates,both young korean students,say that they are actually "giving" you the flu with the vacs.

So,maybe even though it was over 3 weeks since my vaccination jab,i actually got it from that,who knows? Who probaly cares? Why worry? Life goes on.

Would I reccomend the flu vac ,?probaly not unless you are person who has a low immune system.

Getting a second flu vaccination would be of no benefit unless it is for a different strain. The flu vaccine now is not living vaccine as in the past, so you are not being given the flu with the vaccine. Getting the flu vaccine is a good idea for anyone, especially for those who are more susceptible to illness because of age or suppressed immune system.

Guest MonkeySee

I do not believe that a second flu shot would do any good. I am told the flu shot changes every year. The shot is good against three or four strains that the doctors think will cause the worst trouble in the coming year.

I understand that the flu virus has no live cultures and can not give you the flu. Since there are many strains of the flu, you can develop the flu from a strain that you have not been immunized against. At one time there was a nose spray that had a weakened live virus that could give you mild flu symptoms, but allowed your body to create the needed immune response.