Guest mauRICE

Where is RichLB?

For someone who takes a keen interest in Pattaya community affairs, and the welfare of commercial sex workers in particular, I am curious as to the lack of participation from RichLB in recent months.

Rich and I didn't always see eye-to-eye but we did enjoy a few online chats together. I hope all is well with him.

For someone who takes a keen interest in Pattaya community affairs, and the welfare of commercial sex workers in particular, I am curious as to the lack of participation from RichLB in recent months.

Rich and I didn't often see eye-to-eye but we did enjoy a few online chats together. I hope all is well with him.

RichLB and I are personal friends. He is just fine and all is quite well with him.

Yes, all is well. It's nice to have been missed and I appreciate the kind words.

For those that are interested, life for me has been full. I'm still as addicted to the internet as ever, although the on again, off again nature of TOT DSL has dampened my enthusiasm to some extent. I rarely venture into the message boards any more for no special reason other than lack of time and not finding anything which spurs my desire to debate. Other guys here seem much more in tune with happenings in gay Pattaya than I so I leave the information function to those with more knowledge.

My odd family here is still in tact, Ken (my Thai boyfriend of 7 years) remains Ken and is a constant source of warmth and amusement. Tom (my farang parner of 35 years) continues to baffle me with his activities and life choices. And Jum (Tom's Thai girl firend) is as confounding as ever. But, somehow we all get along.

I've become involved with the Touchy Topics discussion group which meets every Thursday at Shagwell Mansions to hold focussed conversations on topics most often avoided at cocktail parties. It's an odd group of guys and it's expanding to confront people with a diverse set of world views. We have a reincarnationis who is quite aware of several of his previous lives, a spiritualist who talsk to ghosts, a born again fundamentalist Christian who lives ith is Thai boyfriend (???), and several equally unique people who participate regularly.

I've also begun to attend the Pattaya City Expats club. It meets on Sunday mornings at Henry J. Beans. It's affirming to notice that a mostly "straight" group of expats can be as cantankerous and infight with the same level of maturity as is usual on Message Boards. At least I now know that such behavior has nothing to do with the gay psyche.

All that, coupled with hanging out at Rit's on Jomtien with friends, bar crawling, following various realiity shows on UBC, working on my writing, entertaining visitors to Thailand from the US, and just plain living have filled my time happily. I do intend to visit the message board more regularly and am pleased to hear that my absence has been missed. Thanks.