Pantherz

India

12 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Looks rather basic. No hints in the reviews about any extra activity.

There are some hints in Tripadvisor's reviews. Still, as Floridarob says, I'd be very much interested to hear the reports from the horse's mouth.

I just found this YouTube video of a older gay Aussie living in India 

He talks of a India beggar trying to sell him his "banana" at 4.20 seconds in the vid 

Sorry no idea how to put the link up 

It's Max Chernov India Screenshot_2024-02-06-02-38-52-51_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.thumb.jpg.624e01c2c8f778cc0228ef972f790d6d.jpg

On 2/9/2024 at 4:27 AM, Chucky said:

Yes, I have a holiday home in Goa, and have travelled around extensively. 

There is lots of sex on offer, most for free, as young Indians have a thing for white skin, and having sex with a "European ".

I will be going to Mumbai, India. Please advise me to book. Why, it will be my first time in India. I don't know the laws there.

On 2/2/2024 at 11:44 PM, Pantherz said:

I came across this. Has anyone stayed here? Sounds intriguing. 

cc06556a-e033-448f-8252-35cffe5701db.jpeg

Hi, I stayed there in July last year for several nights in Delhi. It was a guest house and was basically the top floor of a residential building. 4 or 5 guest bedrooms, each with ensuite, a central living / dining area and a outdoor terrace. There was a kitchen but that was used by the  cook / caretaker. It was okay overall but possibly more glamorous / fresher looking in their advertising. They provided a cooked breakfast and you could order lunch and/or dinner from the cook if you wanted to. No mini bar fridge in room but you could use the big fridge in the dining area. It was in a residential area. Few blocks from the metro. Large shopping mall area about 10-15 min autorickshaw ride away (depending on traffic jams). I was the only guest at yhe time, but it was off season.

It was good as a place to bring back hook ups from apps etc. Although not sure about anyone staying overnight as I just a had few day visitors. They also offered in-house massage, but none of the men they had available at the time did anything for me.

I read some posts on gay chat forums in Delhi while I was there that suggested it was a bit expensive (for locals). It seemed ok to me but it was my first time in India. I did notice their tours were bit more pricey than other commercial options, such as for a day trip to the Taj MaMahal.

And remember it's a guest house so doesn't necessarily have all the hotel frills.

Would I stay there again - Probably not, but mainly because I realised from that trip that I needed a place with access to a pool to cope with the heat and humidity ...

Also worth mentioning that the lift only went to the floor below and you had to walk up stairs to the top level. So if you are not good with stairs may be an issue.

9 hours ago, MikeSyd said:

Hi, I stayed there in July last year for several nights in Delhi. It was a guest house and was basically the top floor of a residential building. 4 or 5 guest bedrooms, each with ensuite, a central living / dining area and a outdoor terrace. There was a kitchen but that was used by the  cook / caretaker. It was okay overall but possibly more glamorous / fresher looking in their advertising. They provided a cooked breakfast and you could order lunch and/or dinner from the cook if you wanted to. No mini bar fridge in room but you could use the big fridge in the dining area. It was in a residential area. Few blocks from the metro. Large shopping mall area about 10-15 min autorickshaw ride away (depending on traffic jams). I was the only guest at yhe time, but it was off season.

It was good as a place to bring back hook ups from apps etc. Although not sure about anyone staying overnight as I just a had few day visitors. They also offered in-house massage, but none of the men they had available at the time did anything for me.

I read some posts on gay chat forums in Delhi while I was there that suggested it was a bit expensive (for locals). It seemed ok to me but it was my first time in India. I did notice their tours were bit more pricey than other commercial options, such as for a day trip to the Taj MaMahal.

And remember it's a guest house so doesn't necessarily have all the hotel frills.

Would I stay there again - Probably not, but mainly because I realised from that trip that I needed a place with access to a pool to cope with the heat and humidity ...

Also worth mentioning that the lift only went to the floor below and you had to walk up stairs to the top level. So if you are not good with stairs may be an issue.

Thanks for your review. There are a lot of very nice hotels in Delhi at competitive rates. Based on your review, it doesn’t sound like it really provides a particularly gay or special experience. 

I was in Delhi this past winter and stayed at the Lalit Hotel.   It’s a very nice place, close to Connaught Circle, and is known to be gay friendly.  There’s a bar in the hotel called Kitty Su which has a gay night once a week, (although I didn’t go to it).   I believe it’s either Wednesday or Thursday.  
While I was staying there I hooked up with another guest, an Indian lawyer from Mumbai who was in town for work.  I also had a local guy visit me there.  He was introduced to me by a friend I met in Goa.  There is security at the hotel entrance, but he had no trouble getting in (2 days in a row).  He told them he had a meeting with a client.  It helped that he was 40ish and well dressed.

it’s a 5 star hotel, so it might be expensive if you’re on a tight budget, but for me it was worth it.   Delhi can be overwhelming (all of India actually) so it’s nice to have an oasis of calm.