unicorn

Do harassment tactics ever sway you towards the harassers' side?

• Members

Protesters blocked a major freeway into downtown Los Angeles during the morning commute today. Many trapped people included young schoolchildren (including quite a few whose first meal of the day was supposed to be at the school), and at least one man interviewed who said he was on his way to his dying father's hospital bed. A similar protest recently blocked the bridge linking Oakland to San Francisco. Regardless of whether you agree with the protesters on this particular issue, has such a protest ever swayed you to view protesters' issue more favorably? I would think it would have the opposite effect. For example, if I were the President and about to meet the Israeli ambassador about negotiating a cease-fire, I would announce that due to the protest, I would delay the meeting by 24 hours, and if there were any similar harassing tactics, I would double the delay each time. For me, causing the suffering of innocent children and other civilians is almost a form of terrorism in and of itself. 

image.png.15a79138062df594c4690877b42d2bbd.png