Guest taylorsquare

Grand Torino /slumdog

Guest taylorsquare

I rushed to the movies recently to see the Clint Eastwood film "Grand Torino".

I thought it would be a bit like clints old dirty harry movies but was disapointed.

silly ending to the film,even though the actor who played the young guy was cute.

I was al so going to see Slumdog millionaire but didnt hear any good reports from friends.

I love taking thai boys out to the movies in big C and watching thai comedies,theres one actor ,a thai guy with a funny face who is very funny .

Everyone has his own opinion. I thought both films were excellent.

I loved slumdogs, but was very disappointed with Grand Torino. Not one of Eastwoods best by a big margin. However, it was the #1 movie in the US for two weeks. While the public loved it, the critics take my side. For real Eastwood fans do see Changling. Angelina is fantastic and Eastwood's direction is second to none.

For real Eastwood fans do see Changeling.

I agree. An excellent film. It's a true story too. Yes, a lot of people were disappointed that Gran Torino was not the typical Eastwood shoot-em-up, but I definitely enjoyed it. He is a hell of a good director now. I read somewhere that Gran Torino is the last movie in which he intends to appear as an actor. He wants to stick to directing from now on. From among all his shoot-em-up films, my favorite was always Joe Kidd. I couldn't keep up with the body count in that one.

A lot of the recent movies have been very good. I just saw one that's a few years old and I hadn't see it before. Primal Fear. It's a Richard Gere movie. I thought it was very good, but unfortunately I figured out the ending. I would rather have been surprised. I think one of the reasons I liked Gran Torino is because I didn't figure out the ending.

Well, let's not tell people how these movies end. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen them. I'll suffice it to say the butler didn't do it . . .

Guest taylorsquare

Is there any good movies coming up?

I would love to hear a few latest reviews if anyone has been lately.

I am thinking of seeing MALL COP,but im not really into silly type comedys.

Guest laurence

There is no factual evidence, I can find, that Slum Dog is based on a true story. The movie is based on a novel, Q&A, which was " inspired" by certain events by the author. Likely one person just keeps repeating "based on a true story" until it is accepted as fact.

There is no factual evidence, I can find, that Slum Dog is based on a true story. The movie is based on a novel, Q&A, which was " inspired" by certain events by the author. Likely one person just keeps repeating "based on a true story" until it is accepted as fact.

No Laurence. GB is talking about changeling not slum dogs. Changeling is based on a real story of LA's finest and still somewhat corrupt PD.

Guest laurence

Yes, I see that now. The "too" confused me. There is a belief that SlumDog is based on a true story. An Indian man did win the top prize on the Indian version of Millionaire, but he was not from the slums.

The background behind the story of Changeling is really bizarre.

Guest taylorsquare

One of the best movies i saw was a few years ago about corrupt cops,i think that actor from gilbert grapes was in it,and a few other top actors.Laurence someone?????????

It actually had a reference to thailand when the detective said something like "now i hear your uncle has retired to thailand as is living on the beach with a 12yo boy"

The moi vie was about him joining the cops and his whole family were criminals,does any know the movie?

Guest lvdkeyes

I agree about Changeling, Great movie! Another great movie to see is The Reader. I just saw Revolutionary Road and although it was a very dark story, it was well done and worth seeing.

Guest Astrrro

Was happy to see slumdog was one of my choices on a recent flight.

But got bored after a half hour and switched to another movie. Maybe it's not a good plane movie, I dunno.

Pedophiles probably enjoy the shirtless Indian kids though. B)

Guest fountainhall
The Departed

This was Martin Scorcese's adaptation of a famous Hong Kong movie. I think you mean Lawrence Fishbourne.

Another great movie to see is The Reader

I agree - and the boy is wonderfully handsome :huh: with some nice back and front nude shots. But I was surprised Kate Winslett got the Best Actress award for that movie. I thought she was even better in Revolutionary Road.

Was happy to see slumdog was one of my choices on a recent flight. But got bored after a half hour and switched to another movie. Maybe it's not a good plane movie

This is definitely a big screen movie that dies on a plane. I saw it at Apex in Bangkok. 90% Thais and they all seemed to love it.

Guest taylorsquare

Well whats the READER about? Sounds like a good movie.

I think the actor in DEPARTED was something angelo,i forget his name but he is a young famous actor.

The film was made about 3 years ago.or was his name Dicaprio or something like that?

Guest lvdkeyes
Well whats the READER about? Sounds like a good movie.

The Reader is about an older woman and a young boy who engage in an affair. She likes him reading to her. Later on she is on trial for war crimes. Kate Winslet was wonderful in it and the story is powerful.

Guest lvdkeyes
I think the actor in DEPARTED was something angelo,i forget his name but he is a young famous actor.

The film was made about 3 years ago.or was his name Dicaprio or something like that?

The Departed stars Leonardo Di Caprio, Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson. It is a 2006 movie.

Guest fountainhall

Well, you could take your pic from Matt diCaprio, Jack Damon or Leonardo Nicholson amongst others. ;) Sorry, Lawrence Fishbourne was way off the mark for this movie.

Guest laurence
T

I agree - and the boy is wonderfully handsome :huh: with some nice back and front nude shots.

The boy was 15 yo. Ok to show a movie with a relationship between a 15 yo and a 30 yo in the US. But woe to he/she who would engage in such a relationship.

Guest lvdkeyes
The actor may have been 18yo but the boy he portrayed was 15 yo.

On Desperate Housewives Gabby had an affair with a high school boy, but the actor was 25 y/o. Way back when In Tea and Sympathy it was an older woman and a younger guy too. There is nothing new about this in movies, but movies are not reality.