pauleiro

RJ Cigano's lounge

• Members

I'm in Rio now and I know quite a few posters have complained about 117/202 these days, but -- even though Sunday night was very slow at 202 -- I had three amazing encounters with hot, handsome young men who were eager to make out and really into it. Monday night at 117 was also slow and yet my sexy guy was awesome, horny, and passionate.

Tomorrow heading to the Pantanal, Cuiaba, Campo Grande, and Bonito for a couple of weeks... then SP and back to Rio.

9 hours ago, floridarob said:

I'll be in Rio and SP the first half of Sept.

I noticed that there are rarely any non-stop flights from NYC to Rio, but there are direct flights to São Paulo. How do you manage to visit both cities? Last time, I booked a flight to Rio (SOL) while in São Paulo. It was pretty cheap and fast. I did JFK to São Paulo, then São Paulo to Rio, then Rio to São Paulo, and finally São Paulo to JFK.

Don't be too harsh on me—it was my first time in Rio. Would it be better to do just JFK to São Paulo to Rio and then back to JFK?l from Rio? Any recommendation? A

This time, I will have only 10 days, including a weekend, and I really want to visit Rio again.

From the markets I fly from, GRU is almost always cheaper. I Fly Star Alliance because of status and will book Azul airlines for national flights.

Or sometimes I'll book an open jaw which is into Rio and out of SP, or vice versa...then only have to buy one domestic flight between the 2 cities.

• Members
3 hours ago, Xclay said:

... even though Sunday night was very slow at 202 [correction 117!] ...
...Monday night at 117 [correction 202!] ...

Apologies for reversing the numbers.
   Sunday = 117
   Monday = 202

Too much sex = dyslexia.

• Members
37 minutes ago, Connordrick said:

Would it be better to do just JFK to São Paulo to Rio and then back to JFK?l from Rio? Any recommendation?

This time, I will have only 10 days, including a weekend, and I really want to visit Rio again.

Starting at the end of October, American will fly nonstop from JFK to Rio. Of course, you can save about $1,400 taking Copa with a short layover in Panama City.

You invited recommendations, so mine would be to relax and enjoy spending all ten days in your priority Rio. Plus, that avoids the expense of more flights and the hassle of packing/unpacking.

Thanks, @Xclay. Good to know. October is a bit later than my plans. I hope to visit São Paulo/Rio de Janeiro in September and then Barcelona in November.

I can see why Rio is a favorite for most people on the Brazil forum, with its many tourist options and at least two GP saunas. However, I enjoy São Paulo, and I have three regular providers there from my past two trips. They are exactly my type and are cool, nice guys to have as regulars. and it helps that, they are also hot and hung tops. :p

Rio hasn't been kind to me. The last time I was there, it rained every day. Only two days were not rainy, but they were very cloudy. The weather prevented me from doing the tourist activities I had planned. It rained so much that I ended up going to the aquarium, which is not really my type of attraction.

I wish I knew how to arrange a stopover since flights to Rio almost always stop in São Paulo. That way, I could stay there for a couple of days before heading to Rio and give Rio the proper attention it deserves. So far i have the hotels for all the 3 cities booked and I will make my decision for my Brazil trip this July.

• Members
5 hours ago, Connordrick said:

I wish I knew how to arrange a stopover since flights to Rio almost always stop in São Paulo. That way, I could stay there for a couple of days before heading to Rio and give Rio the proper attention it deserves. So far i have the hotels for all the 3 cities booked and I will make my decision for my Brazil trip this July.

Can't you book a multi-city JFK-GRU and GRU-GIG/SDU?

For Brazilian internal flights, whatever you do, do not wait until the last minute. A month or two in advance, Rio-Sao can be around $30 each way. (Often cheaper on Brazil based sites vs US-based sites). But with the Gol/Latam/Azul triopoly in place, these rise to hundreds of dollars at that last minute. Recently when I was there, a determined Rio-Sao flyer could have bought GIG-GRU-DFW-AUS for less than $300, tossed away the GRU-DFW-AUS and saved about $200 on the Brazilian domestic flight, which was approaching $500. Rio-SCL(Chile) and back SCL-SAO was also cheaper than RIO-SAO). Another trick that typically works only going into Sao Paulo but not leaving it, is to buy a ticket that connects in SAO that can be much cheaper than flying to SAO alone. I had only about a week's advance and Rio-Sao had already advanced to about $200, but RIO-SAO-SSA was still only around $60. (This rarely works originating in SAO because SAO has direct flights to nearly everywhere and routing from SAO through Rio is not offered). If it does become last-minute, keep in mind that AA has Gol awards for 7500 (good availability) and BA has Latam for 6000 Avios (only spotty availability)

For getting back and forth between RIO and SAO at the last minute, also keep in mind the onibus, which is quite comfortable. I also had a nice social experience (no, no, not that kind of experience, although I'm sure that can happen too)

For flights to and from Brazil, the calculus is quite different, as fares seem to rise little, if at all, at the last minute. Indeed, a few months ago AA was offering up its cherished GIG-MIA monopoly for around $300 only for the last few days before departure. For those with more time than money, it can make sense to buy a cheap US domestic ticket to a city that has cheap fares to Brazil, which are often to cities other than Rio or Sao Paulo. Some current examples LAX-SAO (AA often, others less frequently), SFO-CNF (AA), MIA-SSA or CNF, (AA) AUS-RIO or SAO (All). Also, in some cases (but not others) there can be little advantage to buying round trip. The LAX and SFO fares are not available as return only, whereas the MIA and AUS are. This opens up the possibility of segment-tossing, although if you have status or miles with a particular carrier, it is not worth the risk. A Brazilian friend wanted to go to Orlando and was going to pay $500 for an awful connection on Avianca, I steered him to a sub-$300 fare on LATAM GRU-MCO(-AUS)

I have not seen stopovers (>24 hours) allowed, which is pretty typical for international routes. But not have I seen even the slightest open jaws allowed, which typically are permitted. I don't know why they are so strict in the Brazil context. But, depending on the fare you may not lose much by buying 2 one-ways

On 6/22/2024 at 1:59 PM, buttercawan said:

Can't you book a multi-city JFK-GRU and GRU-GIG/SDU?

thanks, @Canadianbtmguy and @buttercawan

I tried, and if I include Rio, I always have to stop in São Paulo or another country, like Panama or another Latin American country. If it weren't for my friends waiting for me in Barcelona for my November trip, I would switch to going in October. I might end up doing the same as last time: a round trip to JFK and then taking GOL to São Paulo and Rio.

The prices for Brazil are higher compared to last year or when I went in March/April. It’s strange that Rio, one of the biggest tourist cities in the world, doesn't have many direct flights from NYC.

I checked flights from Miami to Rio, and the only direct flight from American Airlines is outrageously expensive, starting at $1500 for the economy. I still want to include Rio in my trip because I’ve read so many people in forums discussing their plans for Rio. I thought it would be easy, but it seems like Rio isn’t as easy as it used to be.

In April, I paid $40 for a round trip from São Paulo to Rio with an extra leg, so it was easy. I guess I will do the same or forget about Rio. I never thought of taking a bus since it was so cheap before. I’ll let you know how it goes. I already have my BCN flight; it was such a great price to do NYC to BCN I got Premium for 600, and Iberia has 400 tickets. , and I added Zurich for my 17-day Eurotrip.

and the males that go for the females....flights are us and Brazilians returning from visiting the US or visiting their families in Brasil.

668,000 for the entire country of Brasil... 5.6 million Cancun ONLY 

COUNTRY RANKING - In 2023, Argentina remained the main source country of tourists for Brazil, with 1.9 million visitors (32% of the total). Next are the United States, with 668.5 thousand (11%); Chile, with 458.5 thousand (7.7%); Paraguay, with 424.5 thousand (7.1%), and Uruguay, with 334.7 thousand (5.6%).

The World Loves Cancun
  • The United States - 5.6 million visitors hit the beaches of Cancun in 2022. ...
  • Canada - Coming in a close second is the USA's northern neighbor Canada with 1.1 million visitors in 2022. ...
  • Colombia -In third place, Colombia brought in 632,134 visitors in 2022.

• Members
1 hour ago, floridarob said:

and the males that go for the females....flights are us and Brazilians returning from visiting the US or visiting their families in Brasil.

668,000 for the entire country of Brasil... 5.6 million Cancun ONLY 

COUNTRY RANKING - In 2023, Argentina remained the main source country of tourists for Brazil, with 1.9 million visitors (32% of the total). Next are the United States, with 668.5 thousand (11%); Chile, with 458.5 thousand (7.7%); Paraguay, with 424.5 thousand (7.1%), and Uruguay, with 334.7 thousand (5.6%).

The World Loves Cancun
  • The United States - 5.6 million visitors hit the beaches of Cancun in 2022. ...
  • Canada - Coming in a close second is the USA's northern neighbor Canada with 1.1 million visitors in 2022. ...
  • Colombia -In third place, Colombia brought in 632,134 visitors in 2022.

Well, logically it is about distances. Mexico and Colombia are closer than Brazil to the US, Argentina is closer than the US to Brazil.

• Members

However, it’s indicating a location (and new name?) at what is or was Babilonia Nightclub, Av Santa Cruz 9, Reangelo.

While the current location is a revised club as noted above.

Unclear whether trade at both venues. 

IMG_5767.jpeg

• Members
On 8/20/2023 at 2:07 PM, pauleiro said:

snipped -  

Last time, a gay sauna was raided in Brazil, as  far as I know, is many many years ago, when a sauna was operating in a zone where a new church was created. The people from church did not like to be close to "evil" and made life hard to the sauna owner, and claimed that he was selling drugs, which lead to a police operation. No church is going to be near the Cigano's lounge. 

https://extra.globo.com/noticias/brasil/sauna-gay-de-37-anos-recebe-visita-da-policia-741071.html

• Members
10 hours ago, mvan1 said:

Translation of above link:

Men had to stand against the wall while waiting for documents to be checked - Photo Leonardo Soares, Diário de S.Paulo

SÃO PAULO - If it weren't for the luxury cars parked in front of 40A Avenida Alterosas, in Vila Matilde, in the east zone of São Paulo), the place would easily pass for a warehouse. The brown facade is discreet and there are no signs. The Alterosas gay sauna is located there, one of the oldest in the region. It has existed for 37 years. The Civil Police received an anonymous report of drug use at the location and raided the house on Thursday afternoon. Around 40 men in towels were surprised in the basement saunas. Many were over 50 years old and were in the company of young men.

Everyone was taken to the first floor of the nightclub, where they had to form a line against the wall. Still wearing towels, the men waited for around 30 minutes while the police checked their documentation, kept at reception.