Heba as-sa3udeya

Sri Lanka

11 minutes ago, Jawjaw84 said:

any updates on Sri Lanka 

None yet. Thinking of going in the next month or two and staying at Gomez Place, but just a bit worried about it being a bit rustic since I enjoy staying in nice hotels. I’d love to hear more first hand experiences. Also I’m wondering how many days I should plan on staying. 

As mentioned up thread, there's not a lot to do in Negombo. It's easy to arrange a car and driver for a private tour around the island. I have a couple of friends who are guides. I spent about two weeks on my first trip and was going to spend the same on my second trip before I had to leave in a hurry due to covid. If you send them your time frame, interests and budget they could come up with an itinerary.

There are lots of great national parks if you like nature and animals. Or plenty of historic sites if you like that. 

As for "rustic" hotels, there are many upscale hotels around, but for a couple of nights I can deal with pretty much any sort of place. I have not been to Gomez Place, but from the photos it looks more "basic" than "rustic" to me.

I have been to Negombo twice, both times because I wanted to be near the airport in the days before departure. As @fedssocr said, there's really nothing that would make Negombo an attraction in itself. The beach is difficult to access and is nowhere as nice as the beaches beyond Galle. Negombo is not even in a convenient location for accessing other attractions around Sri Lanka, which are mostly inland and in the mountains (other than the beach towns beyond Galle).

I did have a massage once in Negombo that included a handjob, a so-so experience. I cannot now remember what the name of the place was, but it's not something I would want to make a trip for. I just happened to be in the town with nothing better to do.

On 6/26/2024 at 8:53 PM, Milk78 said:

I'm thinking of going in November. Anyone know if you can find equivalent to Thai money boys? Be interested in long times, maybe few days. 

You can easily find a handsome boy in Negombo right after your arrival. Just plan to spend 3-4 days there and use Grindr, there are a lot of offers (guys 20+ years old). They will actively contact you. You can also find a boy in Gomez Place. The boys will be happy to go with you to the southern resorts.

4 hours ago, Heba as-sa3udeya said:

Boys on Gomez House are gay ? Or gay for pay ? Are they virile ?

Yes, many of them are gay for money. The types are very different, there are muscular tops, there are skinny bottoms. Some guys are really handsome. The dicks are different, including very large ones (one guy had 23 cm). The butts are very tight and beautiful (if you like to be in an active position). These guys love to kiss.

I was at Gomez Place in January and the standard price was 6,000 SLR.  That’s about $20 USD.

I agree with Daniel that many, perhaps most, are gay for pay.  But they are still very enthusiastic.   I remember one young guy who was beautiful, handsome and very well built, who was just as eager to go down on me as I was to go down on him!

37 minutes ago, Dogberry said:

I was at Gomez Place in January and the standard price was 6,000 SLR.  That’s about $20 USD.

I agree with Daniel that many, perhaps most, are gay for pay.  But they are still very enthusiastic.   I remember one young guy who was beautiful, handsome and very well built, who was just as eager to go down on me as I was to go down on him!

I was at Gomez Place in February and totally agree that the guys there are real, passionate and enjoy having sex. There are even some that are easy to fall in love with 🥰

On 8/4/2024 at 11:23 PM, Daniel said:

I was at Gomez Place in February and totally agree that the guys there are real, passionate and enjoy having sex. There are even some that are easy to fall in love with 🥰

On 8/4/2024 at 10:43 PM, Dogberry said:

Do you approach them on Grindr or just outright ask them in person? I am thinking of changing my travel plans......

6,000 SLR for short time or long time? 

Guys, pls excuse the intrusion. 

On ggl maps Gomez appears as a 3 star hotel, but in this thread its described almost like a gay brothel. 

Is it like a gay hotel with gay staff, who double as sex providers (similar 2 cambodia)?

On 8/11/2024 at 5:34 PM, Milk78 said:

Do you approach them on Grindr or just outright ask them in person? I am thinking of changing my travel plans......

6,000 SLR for short time or long time? 

You can use Grindr (there are a lot of offers!) or just come to the reception at any time and say that you want a massage. After a while, a boy will come to your room.

6000 rup ($20) is for one "massage", but boy will ask for tips as well ($10-$20 - at your discretion). If you want to be with him for the night or for a long time - you can just negotiate with him directly, this is also possible.

17 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Is it like a gay hotel with gay staff, who double as sex providers (similar 2 cambodia)?

Many of the hotel's guests (about 90%) are gay. Some are alone, some are in pairs. There are also many gays among the staff, but there are also strictly straight boys. The hotel has a lot of contacts of guys who don't work there itself, but come to give massages.

Thank you so much for your responses. 

16 hours ago, Daniel said:

You can use Grindr (there are a lot of offers!)

Is this true country-wide, or more particularly central and south? Or is it very much concentrated around Colombo? 

4 hours ago, Milk78 said:

Is this true country-wide, or more particularly central and south? Or is it very much concentrated around Colombo? 

This is more relevant for Negombo (a good starting and ending point for your trip, because it is located close to the airport). In Colombo, there will also be many contacts who will write to you themselves. But in other areas, there will be fewer offers and a limited choice of guys. However, there are always options :)

I strongly recommend visiting several places at once during one trip, because Sri Lanka is a country that is interesting to explore. Do not be afraid to use trains and local transport. And of course, it is worth going on excursions to the center of the island.

On 8/15/2024 at 11:19 PM, Heba as-sa3udeya said:

Is there some contact in trains and local transports ?

TRANSFER

Many hotels offer transfer from/to the airport. After booking, they will contact you to offer a car. In the case of Gomez Place, it cost me $20 from the airport to the hotel, which is very convenient, especially if you arrive at night. You can also order a transfer to Colombo (also about $20) or to the southern resort (about $50-70) at the hotel. They have a comfortable car with air conditioning. Here is their WhatsApp number: +94773658385 Also nearby is Dickman Resort, I guess this place is very similar to Gomez, but more comfortable (and expensive).

TAXI

For short distances you can easily catch a tuk-tuk near the hotel or on the road, there are a lot of them. But you need to actively negotiate the price before the trip. You can also order tuk-tuk or car through the PickMe app, it's very convenient. Or at least look at the routes there to know the real prices. In small villages, tuk-tukers often ask you to write down their phone number and call them if you need to go somewhere.

TRAINS

Trains in Sri Lanka are a very convenient way to get to the southern resorts or to the center of the island. Tickets are very affordable ($2-$6). Besides, these are new experiences! The main departure point for tourists is Colombo Fort station.

You can buy First class tickets (seated, with air conditioning) on the government website: https://seatreservation.railway.gov.lk/mtktwebslr/ - and then get a printed version at the railway station. But this site doesn't show all available trains, in fact there are more. If you didn't find a suitable option there then you can buy it at the ticket office in advance 1-2 days before departure.

For Second class, there is no need to buy tickets in advance, just arrive at the station half an hour before departure and buy at the ticket window. Most likely, you will travel the whole way standing, next to German pensioners and French surfers. But since the trip to the south is not that long, this is not a problem.

Third class is usually taken only by locals.

I recommend using these apps that has up-to-date train schedules and is easy to use for planning: RDMNS.LK, Trains - Sri Lanka

39 minutes ago, Milk78 said:

Where would you recommend for a fairly relaxed place on the south coast but also has a bit of life? Restaurants and bars, good accommodation options? A good place for boys on grindr would also be good!! 

Of course, here are some recommendations:

Bentota (Aluthgama) - the ocean here is incredibly beautiful, you can swim (in Sri Lanka there are almost always waves and not all beaches are suitable for safe swimming). In this place there are good supermarkets, cafes (PizzaHut, KFC), wine shops. There are many hotels, from luxurious (Cinnamon, Taj, NH Bentota) to very budget ones. Grindr activity is not very big, but beach boys and taxi drivers quite openly hint at sex.

Ahungalla - a beautiful uncrowded coastline with large boulders (reminiscent of the Seychelles), for a quiet holiday. Here I recommend Shinagawa Beach hotel, opposite it there is a very good safe beach, also the Riu hotel is an excellent option. There are few restaurants in this place, but they are not very good, if possible, it is better to take food at the hotel. The beach boys there are very active and abrupt, they offer sex right in the palm trees on the beach. Usually they are middle-aged (25-35) and not very attractive, the type of a simple working guy. They are straight and usually only fuck in the active position.

Hikkaduwa - a popular place, you can see turtles, but there are a lot of tourists, I think 3-4 days will be enough.

Galle - here it is also worth staying for a few days, walk around the fort, go to restaurants. The activity with boys there seemed small.

Unawatuna - it is worth going there to see the beach, which is unusual for Sri Lanka, but in general there are a lot of tourists. I went there for one day from Galle by bus and it was enough for me. But many people like this place and spend a lot of time there.

Weligama and Mirissa - it's definitely worth spending a few days here, very picturesque beaches and nature. Many restaurants for every taste, these places are popular with surfers and young people. You should definitely try snorkeling here. The activity in Grindr is not very big, sometimes you come across European guys. I think that cruising among tourists is developed here.

Tangalle - there are not many tourists there, deserted endless beaches for walks. At night you can watch huge turtles coming ashore. The place is in the style of National Geographic. It's more difficult to find a guy for sex here.

As for the center of the island, Kandy and Ella are good options, but they are very-very quiet places for a philosophical rest. Many people prefer to just go there with an excursion. There are few offers in the Grindr and the choice is small.

It's also relatively inexpensive to hire a guide/driver to take you around the island on a private tour. I've done that twice as I probably noted above somewhere. The guide I used is bisexual I think. He's got a wife and family (conservative culture) but he knows people. He's a nice guy but a bit high strung.

There's another guy I met who works for a different tour company who is a lot more laid back and would probably be my first choice if I could get away with it...the other guy would be very upset if I went back to Sri Lanka and went with another guide I believe.