reader

Thai Train schedule guide

From Richard Barrow Thai Train Guide

If you are a seasoned rail traveler, you probably already know that you can pick up paper railway timetables for free at the information counter at most stations. However, there are now alternative ways of checking the timetables. You have a choice of checking online on the official website or by downloading the SRT Timetable Application for your smartphone [App Store] or [Google Play]. You not only get to see the times for the trains for each stop, but there is more information such as pictures of the seats in the carriages and also prices for each class.

UPDATED: I also have copies of the printed version of the timetables released by the State Railway of Thailand in February 2023. Please note, other than the first train, only the arrival train times are shown. Some trains will stop only a minute or two at each station, but you might find that at some stations, the departure time might be ten minutes or more after the shown arrival time.

SRT Timetables for Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal: Northern Line | Southern Line | Northeastern LineRed Line |  Red Line (Taling Chan) | Red Line (Rangsit)

SRT Timetables for Bangkok Railway Station (Hua Lamphong):

Northern LineSouthern Line | Northeastern Line | Eastern LineCommuter LineNakhon Pathom Commuter Line |

Other SRT Timetables: Maeklong Line

NEW: You can also download a PDF of all of these timetables:.

https://www.thaitrainguide.com/timetables/

• Members

Wow, thanks. I’m a newbie. If you don’t mind, to spare me some digging, can you briefly direct me from Bang Rak in Bangkok to the appropriate rail station (just the name is fine as I grasp the Metro/BTS grid) for a jaunt to Pattaya, and the name of the Pattaya station? It might be a same-day or overnight. Faster is better; extra cost for more express run not a problem. Would it be a commuter line or is the distance too great?

To get to Bangkok Railway Station (Hua Lamphong), take the MRT Blue line two stops from Silom station (5 minutes). This historic railway hub is worth a visit even if you're not planning to travel from it.

To reach Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal (aka Bang Sue station), take MRT Blue Line from Silom station to Bang Sue (about half-an-hour).

As I'm not a regular Pattaya visitor, I defer to others on that question.

2 hours ago, Riobard said:

Wow, thanks. I’m a newbie. If you don’t mind, to spare me some digging, can you briefly direct me from Bang Rak in Bangkok to the appropriate rail station (just the name is fine as I grasp the Metro/BTS grid) for a jaunt to Pattaya, and the name of the Pattaya station? It might be a same-day or overnight. Faster is better; extra cost for more express run not a problem. Would it be a commuter line or is the distance too great?

Google is your friend! 🥰

Train travel is the cheapest form of public transport from Bangkok to Pattaya. However, travelling by train is not the most popular option for most foreign visitors travelling to Pattaya because train services are slow, stopping at lots of small stations before reaching Pattaya, and all depart before 07:00 in the morning. The other options for travel from Bangkok to Pattaya are bus, minivan or taxi from either Central Bangkok or Bangkok International Airport.

Bangkok residents often get to Pattaya by bus. Some of the most frequent departures are from the Eastern Bus Terminal, adjacent to the Ekkamai BTS Station on Sukhumvit Road at Soi 63 (Soi Ekkamai). Air-conditioned buses leave approximately every 30 minutes between 5 am and 11.30 pm each day.

• Members
2 hours ago, reader said:

To get to Bangkok Railway Station (Hua Lamphong), take the MRT Blue line two stops from Silom station (5 minutes). This historic railway hub is worth a visit even if you're not planning to travel from it.

To reach Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal (aka Bang Sue station), take MRT Blue Line from Silom station to Bang Sue (about half-an-hour).

As I'm not a regular Pattaya visitor, I defer to others on that question.

Thanks. I spent a few minutes researching after coming home from the gym. I have some good purchased guidebooks. Counterintuitively, train may be the least viable. I might take a bus on DIY basis or maybe even a group tour. Commercial sex is not my agenda for such an excursion. It’s just to take in something farther afield from Bangkok. There appears to be a good half dozen options, as antidote to sensory overload, within 100 miles. 

11 hours ago, Riobard said:

) for a jaunt to Pattaya, and the name of the Pattaya station? It might be a same-day or overnight

check timetable for Eastern Line, weekdays is only one slow train at 6.55, on weekend is replaced by faster one at 6.45. 

train is much slower than bus but on vacation we have time, main obstacle is early departure hour.

Considering that Hualampong is 5 minutes from Silom but bus station Ekkamai about 40 and Swampy up to hour, slow train becomes more attractive when door to door travel time is considered 

Name of Pattaya station is surprisingly plain "Pattaya"

• Members
13 hours ago, vinapu said:

check timetable for Eastern Line, weekdays is only one slow train at 6.55, on weekend is replaced by faster one at 6.45. 

train is much slower than bus but on vacation we have time, main obstacle is early departure hour.

Considering that Hualampong is 5 minutes from Silom but bus station Ekkamai about 40 and Swampy up to hour, slow train becomes more attractive when door to door travel time is considered 

Name of Pattaya station is surprisingly plain "Pattaya"

Do you lure your guy from the night before, aka Brush with Heaven, out of bed with day-old Brioche From Heaven to kick him out the door at crack of dawn? What’s the smooth pay-to-leave protocol for offing whilst due for an earlybird train? 🤔
(Kidding; I don’t do overnights)

10 hours ago, Riobard said:

Do you lure your guy from the night before, aka Brush with Heaven, out of bed with day-old Brioche From Heaven to kick him out the door at crack of dawn? What’s the smooth pay-to-leave protocol for offing whilst due for an earlybird train? 🤔
(Kidding; I don’t do overnights)

Prudent people never say 'never' .

As for protocol I have it well rehearsed if only because quite often my flights back home require leaving hotel at 3-4 am. I simply tell guy whom I off for such abbreviated last night that I'm leaving at this  and this time, never problem, rarely discount given though. On more than one occasion they made sure alarm clock is set properly but it was never necessary. I tend to use time wisely