JomtienComplex

New Official Jomtien Complex Website & Map

The JC's expansion into adjoining sois is a good sign. i recall how the darkening of the sois around Sunee contributed to its decline. There were at least five or six new businesses attracting custom  on my last visit. Potential punters don't appreciated walking through deserted sois with empty premises.

i rent a condo not far to Jomtien Complex. I spent some time several times last week. I can tell it is nice and relaxing to go there for a drink, and it gets really busy quite everyday after 9.30pm. If you are into having a drink with a boy, should go there. If you are into gogo bar shows then Boyztown offer better choices.

There have been discussions elsewhere about an alleged "decline" of the JC. Some bars seem to have closed since last year, but the number of places operating, as well as new places opening suggest that this is not the case. Indeed, if you compare this map with ones from a decade ago of Boyztown and Sunee, it looks as if  there are more gay venues available now than there were  then.

Particularly welcome are massage joints providing services in the afternoons. With good restaurants, both Thai and European  as well as popular hotels, the lack of go go bars  shouldn't discourage anyone from staying here. 

Maybe some open a bar in JC for a hobby.

You certainly won't be making much profit if at all if any .

Secondly apparently no entertainment licence allowed so they can be closed anytime,that's why the Sunee operators are not willing to go there 

What's the double bar next door to Cocka2 on the coming down the Soi 

I used to see a old farang sit outside I think he was the owner ,never went in there though 

It seems by my observations the Cocka2 and the Scottish guys Zac?? bars were the busiest 

6 minutes ago, Londoner said:

There have been discussions elsewhere about an alleged "decline" of the JC. Some bars seem to have closed since last year, but the number of places operating, as well as new places opening suggest that this is not the case. Indeed, if you compare this map with ones from a decade ago of Boyztown and Sunee, it looks as if  there are more gay venues available now than there were  then.

I do not know in which version of this Jomtien Complex map that I saw - perhaps in the Supertown version - there was once 35 bars listed.  I believe that this most recent edition counts 33 - so, even though around 7 went out of business, it would seem that 5 of those 7 were already replaced.  And, 1 more is on the way:

replacement for Dorothy's Show Bar to be known as ???

So, even though it is the dreaded low season (from a cash flow point of view) the Complex seems to be holding up....

4 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

What's the double bar next door to Cocka2 on the coming down the Soi 

That was Dorothy's Show bar on the ground floor and a related hotel on the upper floors.....but that is now closed as of 2 nights ago...

Maybe there is tax reasons to owning a losing business I have no idea why someone would open a gay bar to lose 

Just now, Olddaddy said:

Maybe there is tax reasons to owning a losing business I have no idea why someone would open a gay bar to lose

or perhaps because the majority of the bars follow the tired long time mantra of:   farang sit and farang drink

which gets to be very boring without some exciting innovations and/or entertainment and fun.......

7 minutes ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

or perhaps because the majority of the bars follow the tired long time mantra of:   farang sit and farang drink

which gets to be very boring without some exciting innovations and/or entertainment and fun.

Maybe .....but when I was last there I could count the farangs sitting in the whole complex on one hand 

Maybe the idea of entertainment would work better in the Boyztown area where you can get tourists 

As I said I would love to know why someone would open a new bar in the Jomtien complex.

8 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Maybe .....but when I was last there I could count the farangs sitting in the whole complex on one hand 

Maybe the idea of entertainment would work better in the Boyztown area where you can get tourists 

As I said I would love to know why someone would open a new bar in the Jomtien complex.

Where are you putting your hobby bar?

18 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Secondly apparently no entertainment licence allowed so they can be closed anytime,that's why the Sunee operators are not willing to go there 

Not sure where you heard that.
Perhaps the reason sunee operators won't come to Jomtien complex is A. because gogo bars are not allowed and B. You can rent a bar in Sunee Plaza for 3000b pcm.
A number of bars in Jomtien complex are paying 70,000b+ pcm.

6 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

Not sure where you heard that.
Perhaps the reason sunee operators won't come to Jomtien complex is A. because gogo bars are not allowed and B. You can rent a bar in Sunee Plaza for 3000b pcm.
A number of bars in Jomtien complex are paying 70,000b+ pcm.

That's a huge difference. 

6 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

Incorrect. It WAS BC Bar, the old guy sitting out front was Bill. Now closed

He seemed a nice guy always friendly waving to me everytime I walked past 

Sadly I never see any customers in there ,but he had a number of good-looking guys working in there 

Yes the rents there are astronomical