reader

He calls the shots

For you non-American readers, I write today to introduce you to the guy who makes my heart race every time he cocks his arm. I'm one of his legion of voyeuristic worshipers. My affair with him dates back to 2018 when he became the starting quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Tomorrow he plays in Super Bowl 57 against the Philadelphia Eagles for the championship of the National Football League. Having witnessed all of the previous 56, I believe that I'm more excited than in any previous year.

He works magic as both a passer and a runner. Agile and unpredictable--and more than a bit sexy, he rarely fails to satisfy his fans' desire for gridiron nirvana.

Well, I guess I've blown my wad. If you have the opportunity to watch the game, you won't regret it. If only half of our offs could deliver satisfaction as consistently as he does, I give you Patrick Mahomes.

image.thumb.png.e10ad52a88b0ab65b99dec2b224935ea.png

NY Times photo

1 hour ago, Riobard said:

Kimmel: “ … you’ve got two beautiful balls …” 

What’s up with the homoerotic insinuations? 😏

It's in keeping with Kimmel's style. I think he's the most popular late night host with gays so he knows his audience.

Contact sports are steeped in erotic themes. Consider this introduction to The Language of the Game: How to Understand Soccer (Laurent Dubois, 2018):

“Soccer is sensual. It is about the pleasure of watching athletes’ bodies, their faces, their motion, admiring and commenting on their hairstyles and tattoos. When we talk and write about soccer, we evoke—more often unconsciously than consciously—its sensuality. Its role as a source of pleasure……Soccer may be the most tantric of sports. Some of the greatest and most riveting of games end 0-0. Perhaps what is truly sensual about soccer is that it is about interplay, relationships, motion between people, all tied up with our deepest and most mysterious emotions.”