12is12

consult: november or december?

• Members
2 hours ago, gerefan said:

November for cheaper air fares. Avoid Christmas.

Airfare are usually low if you fly on Christmas or between Christmas and New Year.  So, say you fly out on December 1st and return on December 26th, the fare is about the same as November. 

On the plus side of December, more people means more activities and more boys, the more the merrier.

My favorite times to travel to Thailand are over the New Year's holidays and during Songkran, specifically for the massive White Party and SK all-male nightclub events. To me, freedom means partying with tens of thousands of the hottest gay boyz from all over Asia.

I love it!

But my wallet does not. 

So I recommend late November through early December. If you're into the go-go and Jomtien bars, the ASEAN guys who work in them start showing up in October. So you'll have plenty of company from them. The rains almost always stop toward the end of November, so you can expect great, vacation-time sunshine. And the Christmas-New Year's travelers are still back at home dreaming about their upcoming dive into hedonism, so hotels won't be as expensive, it'll be easier snagging poolside lounge chairs and you should have no problem being seated at the restaurants of your choice.

12 hours ago, reader said:

November because the crowds are smaller and the prices are lower in just about all categories.

I agree, although who knows how crowded it might be this year?  I am guessing not all that much.  But prices will be lower.  The closer to Christmas and New Year, the higher the prices and less chances of getting the accommodations you prefer unless you book well in advance.

• Members
42 minutes ago, Gaybutton said:

I agree, although who knows how crowded it might be this year?  I am guessing not all that much.  But prices will be lower.  The closer to Christmas and New Year, the higher the prices and less chances of getting the accommodations you prefer unless you book well in advance.

So, anybody going to Thailand for Christmas holidays should book it NOW.