Guest thrillbill8

HIV+ with HIV-

Guest thrillbill8

A dear friend of mine became infatuated with a fellow who unfortunately has some vices. He is an alcoholic and takes drugs recreationally. I tired to stir my friend away from the addict with no success. Now, my friend is thinking of becoming this guy's "lifetime partner"and this BF of his unfortunately is HIV+. I told this buddy that his chances of becoming HIV+ will be greater, even if he makes a commentment to protect himself at all times... He disagrees.

So, are there any stats out there to support my theory or his? What do you think?

(Note: My buddy's character is one against drinking and taking drugs...what is the attraction? The guy has money)

Guest rainwalker
I told this buddy that his chances of becoming HIV+ will be greater, even if he makes a commitment to protect himself at all times... He disagrees.

So, are there any stats out there to support my theory or his? What do you think?

He is correct on the proviso that he, in fact, plays safe and assuming no condom failures, he will remain negative throughout the relationship.

I think that if we make the assumption that everyone we play with is HIV+ and protect ourselves accordingly all the time , we can enjoy sex without risk.

I hope it works out for him.

BTW: The "sex without risk" comment is marginally untrue. Really, all we can do is mitigate the risk of STD infections and, in truth, there is no such thing as safe sex, only safer sex.

Safer Sex

BTW2: Of my double handful of friends, probably 20% of them are HIV+ or diagnosed with AIDS.

They view themselves as people with a chronic illness and they are leading rewarding lives and seem to have a deeper understanding of the joys of life.