Guest shebavon

FREE MICHAEL PHELPS!

Guest laurence
And we're making a fuss about one of these "specially suited" idiots smoking bong?

Not so sure if Michael Phelps owes his wins to a special suit. Most of the time I saw him swim he was wearing only his skin and not much more. Now you would not begrudge him those special, skimpy speedos? Or maybe you would, you dirty old grandfather!

Guest laurence
The big difference is that pot is illegal. He broke the law, however dumb you may think the law is, it is still the law.

Pot may be illegal, but is smoking pot illegal? Possession is one thing, but toking is another and not a crime as far as I am aware. And we don't know what was in that bong. It would be impossible to prosecute this matter, thus he is innocent.

Guest lvdkeyes
I think it's dumb to say doing something is wrong simply because it's illegal. Heck, everyone speeds and I don't think I know anyone who doesn't download movies.

Then again I also think it's dumb to hold someone up to a higher standard of behavior simply because they can swim fast, play guitar or sing well.

I am not sure if you are referring to my post, but I didn't say it was wrong because it is illegal. I simply said, it is illegal and people who break the law and get caught need to be prepared for the consequences.

Guest lvdkeyes
Pot may be illegal, but is smoking pot illegal? Possession is one thing, but toking is another and not a crime as far as I am aware. And we don't know what was in that bong. It would be impossible to prosecute this matter, thus he is innocent.

I'd be eager to find out how a person can toke without being in possession. I may be wrong, but I think it is illegal in the US to be in possession of drug paraphernalia.

Guest laurence
I'd be eager to find out how a person can toke without being in possession. I may be wrong, but I think it is illegal in the US to be in possession of drug paraphernalia.

I believe "in possession" means that the person must have pot/drug on their person or in their car/house. Being high or under the influence is not, I believe, a crime unless you are say, driving a car, plane, train, etc or doing something that might endanger others. Possession of drug paraphenalia is unlikely a crime unless it is something like a hypodermic needle which are outlawed in some states.

I believe "in possession" means that the person must have pot/drug on their person or in their car/house. Being high or under the influence is not, I believe, a crime unless you are say, driving a car, plane, train, etc or doing something that might endanger others. Possession of drug paraphenalia is unlikely a crime unless it is something like a hypodermic needle which are outlawed in some states.

It is against the law to smoke marijuana or be in possession of drug paraphernalia.in my state in the USA, and I believe that to be true in most of the other states.

(1) It is unlawful for any person to use drug paraphernalia. to plant, propagate, cultivate, grow, harvest, manufacture, compound, convert, produce, process, prepare, test, analyze, pack, repack, store, contain, conceal, inject, ingest, inhale, or otherwise introduce into the human body a controlled substance. Any person who violates this subsection is guilty of a misdemeanor.

Yes, it is clearly illegal. However, some laws are just stupid. This, is just one example of a law that has no rational basis for being a law. I have been waiting for years for someone to show me that marijuana is more harmful then drinking or smoking. Hell, it is not even close to those two in causing harm, and yet we criminalize thousands every year for smoking it.

Guest laurence

KhoeTose, You must not be from California? Or are you? Yes, I know it makes no sense. Lucky me, I never smoked it, smelled it, ingested it or knew anyone who ever used it. I am a pot virgin. Hard to believe, isn't it?

Do you live in TEXAS

Guest slackersam

I thought pot was essentially legalized in California as long as you had any number of "diseases" ranging from stress to anxiety that it could help with.

Guest shebavon
I thought pot was essentially legalized in California as long as you had any number of "diseases" ranging from stress to anxiety that it could help with.

Exactly the reason for my point earlier of why I was so jealous of the western states.

However under Bush, the feds would still frequently harass and prosecute buyers clubs in those states that would not do so themselves.

KhoeTose, You must not be from California? Or are you? Yes, I know it makes no sense. Lucky me, I never smoked it, smelled it, ingested it or knew anyone who ever used it. I am a pot virgin. Hard to believe, isn't it?

Do you live in TEXAS

No born in California, live in Washington. If you are ever up this way stop in, and I will work on that virginity of yours. :p

Truthfully, you are better off with no drugs. However, if you drink--especially to excess---then I would recommend you switch to marijuana. You will live a hell of a lot longer.

Guest shebavon

Lucky you Khor. Where I live in the states, they really know how to put the DUH in Florida.

You folks are a beacon to us all. A higher reason that the nation can aspire to. That shining light on the hill that Reagan spoke about. Though in a different context.

Perhaps Obama can export Western values (though you may keep the Mormons) to the rest of the nation. He did inhale.