Guest fountainhall

Travel to London

Guest fountainhall

If anyone is travelling to London tonight, check with your travel agent or airline. As I write, both runways at Heathrow airport are closed and several other airports in the London area have been closed due to massive snow storms.

Guest MonkeySee
If anyone is travelling to London tonight, check with your travel agent or airline. As I write, both runways at Heathrow airport are closed and several other airports in the London area have been closed due to massive snow storms.

A snow stormin London? That is unusual. How often does this happen? Once every five,ten,twenty years?

Guest fountainhall
How often does this happen?

Snow itself is not uncommon in February, but a storm of that intensity that closes most runways at most Lonodn airports for most of a day - every 15 - 20 years I believe. One news report quoted a Korean airport worker saying they had similar storms many times each winter and yet still manage to keep their runways open. So how come one of the world's major international airports could not handle it. I have to agree with him.

Guest MonkeySee
Snow itself is not uncommon in February, but a storm of that intensity that closes most runways at most Lonodn airports for most of a day - every 15 - 20 years I believe. One news report quoted a Korean airport worker saying they had similar storms many times each winter and yet still manage to keep their runways open. So how come one of the world's major international airports could not handle it. I have to agree with him.

Buffalo, New York gets a ton of snow every year. No big deal for them. They have the equipment and the know how to deal with it. Houston, Texas hardly ever gets snow. An inch of snow closes down the whole city. Some people can handle twelve inches, some people cannot handle an inch!