TotallyOz

Anyone using the Google Pixel 6

I have the Pixel 6 Pro. It's great. My 4+ year old OnePlus 5 wouldn't hold a charge anymore so I needed a replacement. Probably any 2021 phone would seem like a huge improvement compared to that. The cameras are very good. I guess that as the phone learns you it's supposed to get even better at anticipating what you want. A lot of reviewers complain about the size but it doesn't seem that much bigger to me.

• Members

Also have the 6 Pro.  I came from a Pixel 3 and really prefer the Pixel phones because they get better over time, even years later.  Android updates flow through with no carrier or OEM interference.  

I generally prefer smaller phones but went with the Pro because it has a 4x lens, I think more RAM, and really wasn't much bigger than the 6.  The camera is really damn good, and the Google Photos cloud and services are pretty great.  

I really wish they hadn't fucked up the fingerprint scanner, far preferred the back one on previous Pixels.  Better location and usually faster.  

Working on getting used to the new gestures (though I could turn on the old-style bottom buttons if I wanted) and other Android 12 changes.  I wouldn't say it's noticeably quicker, once in a while I almost feel it lag briefly, but that's likely to improve over time as things optimize for the new CPU.  

Otherwise, it's pretty good and is already getting improvements pushed to it.  

The styling is growing on me, the Pro has rounded edges like my last Samsung, the Galaxy Edge.  Feels really thin.  Also without a case it's very slippery--slid off my couch twice somehow.  Size difference doesn't bother me much, sometimes wish it was smaller in my pocket, sometimes appreciate the bigger screen.  

It's flagship specs at lower cost than most.  Eventually they're releasing the 6a that'll be even cheaper (though the previous 'a' models lacked wireless charging which was a deal breaker for me).