TotallyOz

At home SARS-Cov-2 Self Tests

I am not sure if everyone has experienced this, but I tested myself for the first time today and it was much less painful than I expected. I have had these tests done with doctors and nurses before but never administered one on my own.

I used the one from Roche. It has 5 tests in the kit so that should last me for a time. It cost about 1000 baht but that is about 200 baht per test. I was surprised at how easy it was.

1 hour ago, TotallyOz said:

I am not sure if everyone has experienced this, but I tested myself for the first time today and it was much less painful than I expected. I have had these tests done with doctors and nurses before but never administered one on my own.

I used the one from Roche. It has 5 tests in the kit so that should last me for a time. It cost about 1000 baht but that is about 200 baht per test. I was surprised at how easy it was.

There are saliva test kit that is painless too.

12 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

I have not seen those in Thailand. Are they?

Not sure about thailand, but its pretty common here in malaysia and most of it are from either china or korea. We have 22 diff brands approved here already lol

Btw, did a quick google, seems like there is at least one saliva type approved for use in thailand

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/pr/2181635/viraspec-sars-cov-2-antigen-rapid-test-cassette-saliva-

From Coconuts Bangkok

Where to buy 40 baht COVID test kits in Bangkok

covid-19-g797734b1d_1280-960x540.jpg

COVID home test kits will soon be sold for a fraction of the price through government pharmacies, but Bangkok has to wait a couple weeks for them to show up.

Two million SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test Kit (ATK) will be sold starting Oct. 18 by the Government Pharmaceutical Organization at a price below market: THB40 (US$1.20). While the tests aren’t as reliable as traditional PCR tests, they are still relatively accurate – and very fast.

The following link locations eight locations (with maps) where home test kits will be sold at eight organization pharmacies around metro Bangkok:

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/where-to-buy-40-baht-covid-test-kits-in-bangkok/